Foreign Policy for America (FP4A) is a national organization advocating for principled American engagement in the world. Together with our members and partners, we promote sound policies, hold elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and help elect champions for our values. The Foreign Policy for America family of organizations includes FP Action Network, our federal political action committee, and Foreign Policy for America Foundation, our 501(c)(3) educational arm.
Responsibilities: The Senior Policy Advisor for Climate will lead FP4A’s advocacy efforts to support strong US global leadership in addressing the climate crisis.
- Closely monitor news, legislation, and executive branch plans and actions relevant to climate change.
- Develop and communicate climate policy recommendations, including potential congressional and executive branch action.
- Design and implement activities in partnership with FP4A members and partner organizations to promote sound policy, hold elected officials accountable for their votes, and spotlight champions.
- Represent FP4A in media and support the engagement of FP4A leadership networks in media, together with the Communications Director, to advance policy goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with congressional offices and relevant executive branch stakeholders.
- Actively participate in and/or lead coalition efforts with like-minded partner organizations.
- Contribute to planning and fundraising efforts to sustain and expand FP4A’s climate policy work.
- Contribute to organization-wide strategic planning, and assist with other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be a highly respected, entrepreneurial leader with significant experience pursuing legislative goals and outstanding communications skills.
- 7+ years of professional experience pursuing advocacy goals.
- Significant experience working in a Congressional office, Executive Branch agency, or equivalent office.
- Recognized expertise in climate policy, including knowledge of both congressional and executive branch actions that can reduce global emissions
- Demonstrated commitment to FP4A’s mission of strengthening support for principled American engagement in the world.
- Track record of successful project management, including managing multiple activities with distinct timelines in collaboration with teammates and external partners.
- Experience with coalition management and multi-stakeholder advocacy.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with in grant proposal and institutional fundraising for advocacy.
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Compensation: Salary in the range of $75,000 - $100,000; includes highly competitive benefits package. Salary for this position will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Send a cover letter and resume with “Senior Climate Advisor” in the subject line no later than May 31, 2021. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Foreign Policy for America is committed to inclusion and recognizes diversity as a strategic asset to our team and our community. As an equal opportunity employer, FP4A does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org