We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to become our Project and Admin intern for 12 months, starting 1stSeptember 2021.
The European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG) is a not-for-profit European network of nationally-based volunteer activists comprising of more than 150 members from 47 countries in Europe and Central Asia. Our members are representatives of different communities affected by HIV/AIDS. The nature of the EATG implies that it has members all over WHO Europe and sometimes even beyond.
Since its foundation, the EATG has been at the forefront of the development of the civil society response to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Europe. It represents and defends the treatment-related interests of people living with HIV/AIDS. Our activities focus on treatment literacy and treatment advocacy. A major goal for EATG, when it was founded in 1992, was supporting the simultaneous development of therapies in Europe, including not only antiretroviral therapies, but as well as treatments for opportunistic infections and other HIV/AIDS related conditions.
Programme Support (60%)
- Involvement in projects and activities relating to science, policy advocacy, training and capacity building;
- Support the organisation of face-to-face and online meetings and event (agendas, contacting participants etc.);
- Support during meetings and events (including meetings abroad);
- Desk-based research, monitoring of upcoming key events, collecting data and information, attending external events and meetings, writing reports;
- Administrative and logistical support to Programme Managers and Project Officers;
- Support in fundraising and monitoring grant opportunities;
- Minute taking, reporting, reviewing and formatting materials;
- Other duties as assigned.
Office Support (40%)
- General clerical duties including filing, drafting of documents, updating agendas, maintaining databases;
- Support to finance team;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have EU citizenship or right to work in Belgium;
- According to Belgian regulations, to be eligible for this 12-month internship, you may not already live or work in Belgium;
- Clear interest and motivation to work in support of the HIV community;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English, any other language is an asset (especially Russian);
- Very good command of MS Office package (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint) and main online communication platforms and tools (Skype, Zoom);
- Experience in project management is an asset;
- Relevant academic background or equivalent work experience;
- Organised, pro-active, autonomous and collaborative person;
- Open-minded, non-discriminative and discreet with confidential information;
- Availability to travel.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org