WindEurope is the voice of the wind industry - actively promoting the utilisation of wind power on behalf of member organizations in Europe and worldwide. Our resources are focused on lobbying and policy activities as well as global and national events and responding to enquiries from our members - windeurope.org.
We are seeking an Advisor - Energy and Environment to lead our advocacy on EU renewable energy policy, national regulatory frameworks and Competition policy which are critical to the development of the European wind industry. The Advisor works in the Advocacy & Messaging team (Policy Division) and reports to the Head of Advocacy and Messaging.
- Develop, strengthen and broaden an extensive advocacy network across the EU Institutions, national authorities, industry and key stakeholders;
- Formulate the wind industry’s position on energy, environmental and other relevant policies to improve the political and legal environment for wind energy deployment;
- Coordinate WindEurope’s Markets and Regulation Working Group: draft position papers, broker impactful policy positions;
- Coordinate and execute WindEurope’s advocacy including via interaction with policy-makers;
- Draft policy briefings (for management and members), presentations and any other relevant material to support the Association’s advocacy strategy;
- Represent the industry in meetings and events to advocate WindEurope’s messages and further develop the Association’s profile;
- Advise WindEurope members on relevant policy and industry developments; and
- Advise and actively contribute to WindEurope’s other key deliverables and activities: events, market intelligence, EU-funded projects, membership engagement and development.
- Track record in shaping policy, result-driven networking and command of Energy and Environmental policy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Outstanding public speaker;
- Strong political acumen;
- Proven ability to translate complex issues into sharp political messages;
- Existing network in EU institution and key stakeholders;
- Able to deliver in time-constrained situations;
- Can-do attitude;
- Ability to work as a team player as well as independently;
- Excellent organisational skills, strong ability to prioritise.
- Strong command of English, other European language(s) are an asset.
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Challenging, international and enthusiastic environment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org