NHK Los Angeles Bureau is seeking a full-time Associate Producer to join our news team. The Associate Producer will assist NHK correspondents with all aspects of news production duties, including but not limited to:
- Conducting research for business and tech issues, as well as breaking news stories;
- Pitching story ideas for feature news stories;
- Arranging and coordinating on-location filming, interviews, and travel logistics;
- Traveling for domestic and international newsgathering location work, including breaking news situations;
- Preparing and reporting in English for “NHK World” (NHK’s international news service in English) and “Backstories” (NHK World’s website);
This position will start as soon as possible. We will conduct an interview online first, but later, you must be able to come for an in-person interview.
NHK is Japan's largest and sole public broadcasting network nationwide and worldwide. NHK Los Angeles Bureau is based in Santa Monica, CA, and covers news in the West Coast and the Midwest as well as Canada, Mexico, and other Central American nations for NHK's various news and documentary programs.
• Must show a strong interest in broadcast journalism, especially related to business and tech news, as well as breaking news;
• Be able to work under deadline pressure;
• Be a resourceful, outgoing self-starter;
• Have good communication skills;
• Be willing to travel;
• Language: Fluent English required, Spanish preferred;
• Microsoft OFFICE skills
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org