Malaria No More (MNM) envisions a world where no one dies of a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, resources, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments—ending malaria within our generation. MNM is a global organization with offices in Seattle, Washington, D.C., and India as well as affiliate organizations in London and Tokyo.
Location: Seattle or DC preferred (willing to consider exceptional candidates in other locations). We are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic and anticipate returning to workplace in September 2021.
The global malaria campaign has emerged as one the greatest public health success stories in a generation. Now, we need innovations in precision health, financing, advocacy, climate adaptation, gender strategies, and delivery models to achieve our mission of a malaria free world. We are recruiting a highly entrepreneurial individual who can help lead MNM’s growth initiatives in these areas.
Malaria No More is expanding its global impact through a creative growth strategy that seeks to build the foundation for long-term impact in new markets and innovative programmatic areas. This requires developing new strategies and partnerships, and expanding its revenue base with new and diverse funding sources.
Under the leadership of the Managing Director, Strategic Initiatives, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for researching, identifying and pursuing new restricted funding opportunities. This includes cultivating relationships with partners, corporates, institutions, and foundations in order to diversify MNM’s funder base. In addition, the Business Development Manager will take the lead on planning, managing, crafting, and executing proposals, marketing, and events to capture funding.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Support growth strategies, business planning, and proposal development for a portfolio of pilot projects, new programs and strategic partnerships
· Work with Managing Director, Strategic Initiatives, Program and Country Teams, and Fundraising Teams to develop and execute a business development strategy for the portfolio
· Lead the preparation for and manage proposals, contribute to research and trends analysis of donor funding landscape, and support development and execution of global and country-level new business strategies
· Develop and execute business plans (with technical team leads) to move ideas from exploration, to demonstration, to growth
· Serve as a key member of cross-functional internal teams comprised of crosscutting MNM staff, technical programs and offices to develop strategies, identify innovations and models to replicate and scale, and ways to promote MNM’s capabilities and unique model
· Support fundraising team on cross-cutting initiatives and efforts
· 6+ years of demonstrated experience in global health and/or international development, including at least 4 years of relevant experience in business development
· Demonstrated experience with developing strategies and business plans, events, marketing, proposal writing, and portfolio management for global organizations working in public health
· Demonstrated success in developing entrepreneurial strategies and meeting organizational growth goals
· Proven relationship building, partnership building, and fundraising with a network of global partners
· Knowledge of global health, passion for social impact, and enthusiasm for Malaria No More’s mission to end one of the world’s oldest and deadliest diseases within a generation
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with simultaneous ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at various levels
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
· Energetic, creative, and resourceful thinker, able to connect dots and willing to take strategic risks
· Excellent writing and research skills, including report writing
This is a full-time, exempt role and is eligible for MNM’s comprehensive benefits package, including high-quality medical/dental/vision coverage, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 14 paid holidays, summer Friday flex time and paid parental leave, medical/dependent care/commuter FSAs, short- and long-term disability and life insurance, and a 401K plan with an employer safe harbor contribution.
Please email a concise cover letter (including salary requirements) explaining why you would like to be considered and your resume with the subject line “Senior Business Development Manager – Full Name"
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. MNM is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org