ViacomCBS delivers premium content to audiences across traditional and emerging platforms worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
For our Public Policy & Government Relations department we are recruiting a full-time: Manager, Public Policy & Government Relations, EMEA.
As a member of the Public Policy & Government Relations team you will have the main tasks:
- Affairs and Political outreach: The manager will be responsible for parliamentary outreach, including organization of events, lunches and meetings. Experience of stakeholder mapping and policy strategy is desirable. They should have good drafting skills to feed into briefing papers and liaising with internal colleagues and consultants to prepare materials for external distribution. Key policy areas for ViacomCBS are advertising, copyright, privacy & data protection, production incentives, and digital media regulation;
- Managing key trade body relationships: The candidate will be expected to have good engagement with some of our trade body partners. They will be expected to attend meetings, share papers, and gather business input to respond to consultations;
- Commercial opportunities: The Manager would work with the Director to coordinate workstreams with our EU tenders’ consultant;
- Regional responsibilities: Depending on the candidate’s experience, they may hold responsibility for a specific European geography.
- The Manager - based primarily in Brussels - will ideally be someone with 2-6 years’ experience, motivated and who is a proficient policy and public affairs practitioner. They may have gained experience working in a political institution, for a think tank, a business, a campaign organization, or at a consulting firm;
- Candidates should have experience building consensus with stakeholders. They should be confident managing numerous internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience working in the audiovisual/film sector is not necessary but an understanding of policy in highly regulated sector is desirable;
- The Manager will be line-managed by the VP Government Relations EMEA and work closely with the Director Government Relations Europe, based in Brussels. Part of a small team, candidates should be confident responding at pace to fast-moving situations, they will need to be a hands-on and proactive member of the team;
- It is anticipated that in the longer term the candidate will be expected to be in London for meetings on a roughly monthly basis. There may be some opportunity for additional travel subject to policy priorities;
- Good inter-personal skills and adept at building relationships in a fast paced team environment, collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders with discretion and diplomacy;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to articulate complex issues clearly and effectively according to the audience;
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple on-going projects, adjusting strategy to changing demands and circumstances and exercising good judgment under stressful situations;
- Ability to quickly understand complex ideas, great research skills and the good availability to deliver high quality reports and analysis and details from a policy, business, and relationships perspective. Solid analytical, research, writing, and oral advocacy skills;
- Fluency in English essential and additional languages a plus;
- Proven commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
- Challenging job in a multicultural environment;
- Unique and friendly atmosphere;
- Market-leading professional development opportunities;
- Competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience.
Do you fit the profile? We are looking forward to receiving your application. To apply, send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with Subject: Name_Surname_ManagerPublicPolicyViacomCBS.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org