Global Health Advocates France is looking for an EU Advocacy & Policy Assistant to support GHA EU Team in implementing GHA’s strategic priorities at EU level.
EU Advocacy & Policy Assistant will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the coordination of GHA-led platforms and civil society coalitions on global health;
- Assist in building and maintaining contacts with the EU decision makers;
- Organise events on issues related to GHA advocacy focus.
- Monitor the EU policy developments linked to global health (ie: development aid, research and innovation, health);
- Undertake research and analysis on issues covered by GHA’s mandate;
- Draft briefing notes, policy papers and reports on issues covered by GHA’s mandate.
- Office administration;
- Any other task within the framework of GHA’s work.
- Excellent drafting skills in English;
- Excellent organisational skills: ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication and computer skills;
- Experience in coordinating activities involving multiple stakeholders in multiple countries.
- Good understanding of advocacy techniques and strategies;
- Good understanding of the functioning of the European institutions;
- Knowledge of global health and development issues;
- Strong interest and motivation to work on poverty related issues.
- Knowledge of French;
- Creative, thinking out of the box, initiative taking.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- One to two years’ experience working in a similar policy position in an NGO or similar setting;
- Master’s degree in public health, political science, social science, communication or international relations or another related field.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org