The Technical Advisor contributes his/her/their energy, passion, and skills primarily to support Seed’s team in the US and abroad, in a fast-paced office during a time of rapid growth. The position is a full-time position. The Technical Advisor works directly with the Managing Director of Program Operations (MDPO) and in collaboration with the full Seed team, to support Seed’s strategy and institutional and country partnerships to achieve impact. This full-time position reports to the Managing Director of Program Operations and works closely with all domestic and international team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In collaboration with relevant team members, responsibilities include the following:
● Provides technical assistance and coordination in the development, implementation, and measurement and evaluation of Seed activities to achieve goals
– Works closely with the MDPO to support and provide technical assistance across all country programs on the design and implementation of Seed partnership activities to achieve Seed objectives
– Collaborates with Seed’s in-country teams, MEL team and other Seed staff to support clinical practice improvement including development of data collection tools and quality improvement tools, gathering clinical and implementation evidence, drafting concept notes and reports, and supports creation of additional methods to assess impact
– Works closely with all appropriate staff including in-country staff and partners to establish achievable measurable objectives and support implementation to achieve and evaluate partnership impact across all countries
– Collaborates with team members to support alignment of activities and strategy across all departments and countries
● Strategize with MDPO and organize and develop plans targeted to achieve Seed’s mission
– Assist with writing and development of organization impact planning frameworks
– Strategize with MDPO regarding evolving strategy for overarching Seed goals and collaborate with team leads to ensure they are incorporated into partnership development, programming, and monitoring and evaluation
– Provide on-site technical assistance to country programs and partners.
– Working closely with MEL and in-country teams, supports bi-directional learning and technical exchanges within countries and across countries
– Perform other duties as assigned commensurate with training and experience.
● Collaborates closely with entire Seed team in Boston and in partner countries
– With leadership and guidance from the MDPO and others, provide direct technical support for country strategies, work plans and activities
– Working closely with Seed’s Development team, contribute to proposal writing
– Perform administrative tasks as needed
● Passion and commitment to Seed’s mission
● Strong sense of accountability, personal initiative, and responsibility
● Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Science, or related field
● At least 5+ years working in global health program implementation and improvement in resource-limited environments
● Experience in the design, implementation, management and measurement of health care services in unpredictable settings.
● Knowledge of the technical issues related to MNCH and/or other health issues a plus
● Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural competence, including flexibility and a sense of humor
● Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
● Clinical degree & experience preferred.
● Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to build respectful relationships with colleagues from different cultural, linguistic, and educational backgrounds
● Demonstrated capacity to collaborate and coordinate both within an organization and externally, particularly with highly experienced qualified colleagues.
● Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and young organization
● Comfortable using Google Suite and Microsoft Office Applications
● Boston based preferred
● Expected to travel domestically and/or internationally several times per year
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience, as well as health/dental/eye insurance, 401(k), and vacation benefits.
Seed does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org