The Department of Social Sciences seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for future, part-time Adjunct Faculty appointments in Political Science. Successful applicants may teach up to nine (9) semester credit hours within the required discipline online as dictated by student demand, hold office hours, and assist students as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in the discipline, or a closely related area with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Political Science.
- An earned doctorate in the discipline (or closely related field) with a minimum of 18 graduate hours.
- Previous teaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Prior relevant industry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with the general public.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under stress and with pressing timelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The above job duties may not be performed in every Adjunct Faculty position and might not include all related duties that may be performed.
- Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary appointments, assigned per semester and on an as-needed basis.
- These temporary appointments are for the Fall 2021 semester and/or any applicable Fall 2021 sub-terms.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org