Are you an engaged and committed professional looking to make a difference? Are you passionate about contributing to the fight for social justice and have communication skills as well as an active network in Brussels? Then SOLIDAR & SOLIDAR Foundation has the position for you – we are currently looking for a Communications Officer to manage external communications and aid in implementing our new organisational strategy. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
- Responsible for the implementation and development of the communication strategy of SOLIDAR & SOLIDAR Foundation, identifying potential new partners, activities and opportunities;
- Responsible for external communication, including messaging, platforms, channels, and graphic profile;
- Identifies and keeps up to date on key member and partner organisations relevant for our communication and advocacy in terms of their identity, priorities, and relevant representatives to engage with, as well as more generally supports the communication with our member organisations;
- Ensuring communications coverage of current political events at a European level, with our main strategic partners in Brussels, as well as national developments when relevant and in relation to prioritised areas;
- In collaboration with the Policy Coordinators, plans and supports the implementation of the communication and advocacy work of the respective pillars, to ensure timely distribution and promotion of hard-hitting policy messages;
- Supports the cooperation with relevant networks, donors, and other international partners. Under delegation represents SOLIDAR & SOLIDAR Foundation in relevant meetings and events.
- Supports the communication and advocacy efforts of the three pillars in relation to major events, promotion of policy positions, and communication actions;
- Coordinates and develops the Monthly Newsletter editions;
- Oversees publications and other communication materials;
- Supports the Secretary General in external and internal relations and communication;
- Day-to-day management and development of SOLIDAR website, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn channels, including service provider contacts and follow-up on payments;
- Oversees the communications-related content that SOLIDAR & SOLIDAR Foundation make publicly available, including online material and publications;
- Coordinates and plans the Silver Rose Awards (from the opening of the call for nominations to the actual event);
- Manages internal IT and cloud solutions and online workplaces such as Microsoft Teams, ZOOM et al, with the support of external providers when needed;
- Represents SOLIDAR & SOLIDAR Foundation in events related to Communications with CSOs in Brussels;
- Develops Brussels-based contacts and networks in the communications and journalistic spheres.
Required knowledge and experience
- Academic degree within a relevant field or equivalent work experience;
- Communication and advocacy experience and training - such as designing and developing policy messages, communication campaigns (tools, messaging etc.), in-person and online trainings and conferences;
- Proven management of institutional/campaign-oriented social media accounts and/or community engagement platforms (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn);
- Experience in projects’ implementation, developing communication and training outputs;
- Previous experience with EU-based media relations;
- Proficiency in English and at least one more language (French, Spanish, German or Italian preferred);
- In-depth knowledge of EU social affairs and policies and processes;
- Experience in budget follow-up, project management and monitoring.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent planning and coordination skills; flexible attitude ready to adjust priorities as required. High degree of attention to details, commitment to quality and ability to prioritise tasks;
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and compelling manner;
- Demonstrated networking skills;
- Adheres to SOLIDAR’s values of solidarity, equality, and participation;
- Capable to work independently and in a remote working context.
- Experience of working with or within a membership-based organisation;
- Previous work or experience with progressive organisations at national or European level and/or EU-based media relations;
- Database management and GDPR experience/training;
- Graphic design and video-editing skills;
- Advanced knowledge of more languages relevant for the position;
- IT and internal communications knowledge.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org