Located in Washington, DC, Wesley Theological Seminary is a graduate theological school that prepares women and men to be exceptional leaders, teachers, and preachers. Our culturally and ethnically diverse student body represents nearly 40 different Christian denominations, from almost every state in the union and every continent on earth except Antarctica. Our graduates go on to lead churches, nonprofits, justice and advocacy programs, international NGOs, community health programs, and helping agencies around the world. A single graduating class of Wesley scholars will positively impact more than half a million people in their ministry careers.
The Office of International Relations addresses the education needs of churches beyond the United States of America and advances theological education with indigenous church leaders around the world. The Office of International Relations also establishes and strengthens Wesley’s mission network with various institutions, seminaries, missionaries, denominations, and individuals.
The Executive Assistant, Office of International Relations, is a regular full-time position providing administrative support for the Office of International Relations (OIR), headed by the Vice President of International Relations. The successful candidate will work closely with the VP of International Relations on duties such as scheduling, taking meeting minutes, event planning and execution, and additional projects as needed. Record keeping, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills are paramount. The successful candidate collaborates with faculty, staff, adjunct faculty members, and the Seminary’s associate deans and other administrators as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage year-round program planning calendar in partnership with VP.
· Manage logistics, schedules, and calendar of VP.
· Provide administrative assistance to the Global Doctor of Ministry program including (but not limited to) preparing promotional materials, maintaining updated lists of prospective students and current students, disseminating information to students, and arranging housing when needed.
· Work with the Korean office for the Global Doctor of Ministry program.
· Provide oversight and management of the budgetary process for the office and other budgets as assigned.
· Coordinate special events for the office, including Korean Endowment Scholarship Festival, council meetings, worship for the Korean students, and other events as they arise.
· Maintain information database for Korean students, donors, graduates, council members, and global network.
· Additional duties as needed.
· The successful applicant will have completed a Bachelor’s degree and demonstration of an ability to perform at an executive level.
· Bilingual English/Korean.
· Experience working in an institution of higher education or a church is a plus, as is some knowledge of seminary education.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
· Outstanding interpersonal skills and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
· Careful attention to details and deadlines.
· Demonstrated skills in office management.
· A high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and credibility.
· Strong skills in meeting and interacting with the public.
· Digital literacy – especially proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Zoom.
Send cover letter and resume by applying below
Wesley Theological Seminary is an equal opportunity employer
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org