The European Community Shipowners’ Associations is the umbrella organisation of the national shipowners’ associations of the EU, the UK and Norway. European shipowners control around 40% of the world’s shipping fleet. ECSA’s prime task is to represent the overall interests of the European shipping industry with the institutions of the European Union. The organisation operates from Brussels, where it employs a dedicated team of eleven people.
For a start as soon as possible, we are looking for a Policy advisor Shipping and Trade Policy.
Monitoring of and contributing to EU policy and legislative developments in the field of general mobility policy, digitalisation, maritime security (piracy, cyber, migration), trade policy (sanctions, free trade agreements).
- Monitoring EU policy and contributing to the implementation of ECSA policy priorities;
- Preparation of ECSA position papers and lobby actions;
- Coordination of the relevant committees and working groups;
- Interest representation and lobbying towards the EU institutions.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position dealing with European policy. Previous experience or knowledge of the maritime sector, and in particular of the topics listed above, will be considered an advantage;
- Thorough understanding of and interest in the functioning of the European institutions and EU policy making;
- Academic degree in a relevant field (political science, (macro)economics, maritime sciences, etc.);
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing in English. Being fluent in other EU languages is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to build trusting relationships with members, regulators and stakeholders.
- An inspirational working environment in a dynamic trade association;
- A challenging position with corresponding responsibilities;
- A competitive salary and a set of additional benefits;
- A full time position.
Interested? Please send your cover letter, together with a detailed CV to the attention of Martin Dorsman, [email protected], no later than Friday 25 June 2021.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org