Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair. Carrying 149m guests p.a. (pre Covid-19) on more than 2,100 daily flights from 77 bases, the Group connects over 240 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of 460 aircraft, with a further 210 Boeing 737s on order, which will enable the Ryanair Group to lower fares and grow traffic to 200m p.a. over the next 4 or 5 years. Ryanair has a team of over 16,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and an industry leading 35-year safety record. Ryanair is Europe’s greenest cleanest airline group and customers switching to fly Ryanair can reduce their CO₂ emissions by up to 50% compared to the other Big 4 European major airlines.
Ryanair’s Legal & Regulatory Affairs Department deals with a wide range of public affairs issues, both at national and European level. The Department is also responsible for Legal, Regulatory and Company Secretarial duties.
The Legal & Regulatory Affairs Department is now offering a full-time position to an experienced public affairs professional. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for Ryanair’s public policy and government relations at within the EU and other jurisdictions, and will be expected to:
- Monitor and identify legislative proposals, relevant issues and decisions that affect Ryanair;
- Develop and advocate legislative, regulatory and public policy positions at EU and national level;
- Prepare briefing materials, position papers and presentations for stakeholders, regulators and senior management;
- Assist in the development of Ryanair’s public affairs strategy;
- Develop a stakeholder network across European and national institutions;
- Represent Ryanair in meetings with stakeholders and trade associations;
- Arrange outreach and organise policy events;
- Provide administrative support for the Ryanair Brussels office.
- At least 2-3 years’ professional experience in the area of EU public affairs (experience in an EU Institution is desirable);
- Master’s degree in law, political science, international relations, or other relevant field;
- Professional level spoken and written English, additional languages are beneficial;
- Knowledge of EU decision making processes, and of organisation of EU institutions;
- Experience drafting high quality written documents for EU industry stakeholders, senior executives and politicians;
- Excellent organisational skills, in particular to manage multiple parallel work streams, and to identify which need to be prioritised;
- Established network, or ability to develop and maintain network with policymakers and stakeholders at European and national level;
- Experience in the aviation and / or transport sector would be an advantage.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org