DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Overview: DT Global is seeking a Program Officer to serve as a member of the home-office Program Management Unit (PMU) within the Stabilization and Transition division. The Program Officer will provide support to the USAID-funded Shejeh Salam activity, which aims to build the foundation for a more stable and socially cohesive South Sudan. The Program Officer will help manage client contracts, support project field operations, and coordinate home-office program activities. The Program Officer will report to the Program Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Project Delivery and Technical Excellence
- Provide day-to-day home office program management support and ensure effective and efficient operations coordination between the home and field offices
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures including: US and project host country laws and regulations; DT Global policies and procedures; USAID regulations; and be accountable for project compliance with these laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Provide contractual quality assurance, control, and compliance, with guidance from the Program Manager and Contracts Administrator as required
- Draft, brand, and archive project deliverables, including communication pieces like success stories, reports, work plans, etc. established by the contract and sent to the Development Experience Clearinghouse or the Prime Contractor
- Prepare basic contract requests and concurrences including to the contracting officer representative and contracting officer, for program related costs
- Lead recruitment and personnel management of long- and short-term consultants, including development and execution of employment contracts, scopes of work, and collection of all supporting documentation
- Serve as Principal DT Global point of contact with U.S. and third country-based subcontractors’ contract representatives as requested
- Develop subcontracts, facilitate communication with field and home office project leads, and review and approve subcontractor invoices. Track and manage subcontract and consultant issues such as period of performance, invoices, etc.
- Provide in country support to the field team as needed
- Act as a backup to the Program Manager during leave and extended field assignments
- Play a key role in project start-ups and closeouts, including planning, record management, and traveling to the field as appropriate. Oversees disposition of non-expendable equipment and other project assets during closeout
- Assist Program Manager with project financial management, including monthly review and approval of field office expenditures, preparing budget modifications, client invoices, and ensuring necessary back up documentation is complete and accurate.
- Play a key role in monitoring project budgets, and compiling accrual, pipeline, and cost to-complete reports for both DT Global and clients as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Support business development, as required, through research, writing proposal sections, recruitment, partner identification and management, and the development of past performance and qualifications statements
- Coordinate proposal/task order development both internally and externally with partners and sub-contractors
- Provide technical input and support for program design, training, workshops and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Learning and Innovation
- Engage in self-driven professional development and growth activities
- Contribute to DT Global’s learning agenda
- Mentor Project Associates and Interns
- Incorporate learning best practices into all aspects of work.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, including: International Relations; Political Science; Government; Economics; Business; International Development, or a relevant combination of education and work experience required
- 2-3 years professional work experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Interest in and knowledge of Africa and the Middle East
- Experience in backstopping USAID projects and extensive knowledge of USAID regulations and policies (including AIDAR and FAR regulations)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including delivering formal and informal presentations and drafting and editing deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and in a team
- Attention to detail; good organizational and prioritization skills
- Budget development and financial management skills
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org