The position will closely support the development and expansion of our activities in EU policy advice. Three core activities for this role will include:
- Spreading new economic thinking into EU policy by designing argumentation toolboxes, research, and support the establishment of a research and policy network;
- Conducting analysis and research to develop new ideas, frameworks and proposals for the future of the EU and economic policy;
- Coordinating with a variety of stakeholders including EU policy stakeholders for a range of knowledge exchange, strategic alignment and capacity building activities with civil society organizations, members of the European Parliament, other think tanks and research organisations, and other public policy officials.
What we offer
With us you can help shape the long-term direction of the organisation. As part of a motivated and impact-driven team you will carry out a variety of tasks, including:
- Project management and coordination support for managing our EU-focused projects with key stakeholders in both EU policy, civil society institutions and academia;
- Quantitative and qualitative research on our core topics like fiscal policy, social, economic and environmental indicators, socio-economic cohesion and trade policy;
- Development and writing of policy-briefs and advocacy material targeting mid- to high-level policymakers in the European Commission;
- Development and writing of project applications to acquire further third-party funding and scale our activities; this includes monitoring of project calls for proposals;
- Project management tasks related to the management and operations of our projects.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for people that share our core principles: Value orientation, sustainability, agility, self-responsibility and flat hierarchies. Your profile would include the following skills, background and knowledge:
- Master’s degree in economics, political economy or equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through other demonstrable means;
- Several years of professional experience in economic policy consulting, e.g., worked for a think-tank before, or comparable fields, preferably on EU level;
- At least 2 years of experience managing or coordinating projects or teams;
- Sound knowledge on macroeconomic policy and strong analytical skills. Knowledge on fiscal policy, tax policy, indicators, skills in economic modelling or a background in heterodox economics would be an asset;
- Good communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) when explaining research results to a non-expert audience;
- Capability to work on several projects in parallel and to work with ease also across projects;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; additionally, working capability in German is preferable;
- Furthermore, some of the following competencies fit well into our team (although they are not a requirement): contacts within European policy networks, an academic track record, knowledge about EU decision-making processes, familiarity with EU economic governance; in addition, experience in the acquisition of third-party funds and knowledge of participative and co-creative processes, such as design thinking, would be an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org