We are looking for an experienced Programme Leader on behalf on a Brussels based European umbrella advocacy organisation, representing more than 70 national and international members across Europe and beyond. Together they provide a voice for the billions of animals kept in laboratories, farms and homes or living in the wild. Their vision is to build a Europe that truly cares for animals where the well-being of animals is assured because they experience a good life.**
The Project Leader Wildlife is responsible for the development and implementation of the Wildlife programme of the organnization. A substantial part of this programme is related to the joint advocacy parteners: AAP Animal Advocacy and Protection and other member organisations aiming at achieving legal restrictions on the keeping of and trade in exotic animals across the EU.
· In collaboration with the member organisations, develop, lead the execution of, evaluate and adjust where necessary the organization’s wildlife strategy;
· Build and maintain a strong wildlife community among organisation’s members;
· Advise on and execute lobby and campaign strategies;
· Develop briefings, positions and reports;
· Manage the wildlife-related work of the programme assistant and consultants;
· Represent the organization towards EU Institutions, international fora, scientific congresses and Member State events including among others delivering high-level speeches/public interventions;
· Keep abreast of the latest wildlife scientific developments, wildlife legislation and policy, in coordination with the senior veterinary advisor and the political team;
· Actively contribute to oranisation’s communication efforts to promote the animal advocacy movement’s successes through our communications and campaigns.
· Professional, striving for excellence;
· Proactive and solutions-oriented;
· Strong diplomatic, tactical and inter-personal skills;
· Positive team player and accountable working style.
Skills and Requirements:
· A Master’s degree or higher in biology, natural sciences, or a closely related field;
· A minimum of 5 years work experience in wildlife management, a relevant field;
· Understanding of and in-depth knowledge of political processes at national and EU level;
· Experience with integrated campaigning and advocacy strategies;
· Knowledge of the EU nature and wildlife trade policy and legislation;
· Experience or affinity with wildlife and animal welfare work;
· Proven organisational and project management skills, able to manage and prioritise a busy and varied workload with multiple projects to deadlines;
· Strong conceptual and analytical skills, able to think strategically and creatively;
· Fluent in English (oral and written) and one other EU language;
· Ability and willingness to travel, often on short notice.
38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV. Due to a large number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org