The Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft is hiring an intern to cover foreign policy, national security & politics for it's online magzine, Responsible Statecraft.
We're looking for someone who likes to scoop, go beyond headlines, cover events and hearings, engage in analysis and work collaboratively with a dynamic editorial team. RS is part of a broader transpartisan organization of committed scholars, advocates, and communications experts making waves in the Washington foreign policy/national security establishment and beyond. We have a growing presence online, across social media, and in traditional media.
This is a paid part-time position (15-19 hours/week).
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and non-academic writing sample.
- The candidate will closely follow the daily and weekly news cycle, tracking issues relevant to the ongoing foreign policy landscape and pitching ideas for original reporting.
- The candidate will assist in helping with the editorial work of Responsible Statecraft and will be required to produce original content for RS, primarily in a reporting capacity.
- The candidate will also assist with managing and driving engagements on RS’s social media platforms.
- The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a keen interest and some expertise in the foreign policy work of the Quincy Institute and their interest in working in a dynamic and ambitious environment.
- All interns will assist with general administrative work for the Quincy Institute.
- The candidate should be an aspiring reporter/journalist with a solid background knowledge and interest in key issues related to U.S. foreign policy and ongoing debates surrounding it.
- Familiarity with restraint and restrainer literature is a plus.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in political science, international relations, journalism, or a related field, or be a recent graduate in these fields.
- Have strong writing, reporting, and research skills, including basic familiarity with different writing guidelines (i.e. AP style).
- Superior writing skills are essential, particularly experience in a journalistic setting, such as writing for a publishing platform or working on a school newspaper/magazine.
- Experience with editing work.
- Fluency in driving engagement with social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite Applications. Basic understanding of data analysis and presentation.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines with great attention to detail.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org