The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an USAF Senior Wargame Program Specialist delivering world class wargames to the customer while providing oversight and program management for elements of the USAF Wargamming Enterprise. Incumbent will be responsible for every aspect of the wargame.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, Administrative and Management Positions.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade GS-12, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes expert knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods pertinent to wargaming for assessment and improvement of critical plans and programs for participating in or conducting strategy initiatives for joint strategic planning decisions. Skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to issues or studies concerning the future operating environments and military capabilities. Comprehensive understanding of Wargames. Knowledge of military command structure, missions, doctrine, strategy, and organizational relationships, the sequence and timing of key events and milestones, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions as related to actual events.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods to participate in the development, assessment, and improvement of Air Force wide plans, concepts and wargames.
2. Knowledge of Air Force goals, objectives, and capabilities; perspectives on the present and future international security environment, and methods of evaluating the effectiveness of wargames. Significant understanding of where and how wargamming can integrate with POM, Doctrine, and Concept Development.
3. Skill in designing and conducting comprehensive studies, and preparing solutions to resolve substantive problems and issues of strategy, concepts, and technology in future operating environments. Comprehend and synthesize the effects of technological changes across the USAF's current and future operating capabilities.
4. Skill in understanding and conducting analytic research in support of Air Force wargamming.
5. Ability to synthesize complex and often contrary, competing information and viewpoints to determine best course of action. Advocate recommendations across the Air Force to senior leaders.
6. Ability to plan, organize, and negotiate effectively with senior analysts and management to accept and implement recommendations, where proposals involve substantial resources, and require extensive changes in established concepts and procedures; and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, negotiate complex issues, and maintain good working relationships.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org