MLex, a division of Lexis Nexis, is a global news organization that provides insights and analyses of regulatory risk from the perspectives of antitrust, data privacy & security, financial crime, mergers & acquisitions, state aid and trade - as well as of the sector regulation of financial services, EU energy, technology and telecom.
Our expert journalists in London, Brussels, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Hong Kong, Beijing and Sao Paulo and Brussels track material changes in laws that affect business, commerce and trade. By breaking news and dissecting trends, we help the world’s leading law firms, corporations, advisory firms and regulators to anticipate critical regulatory decisions and events.
MLex’s coverage spans the world’s foremost regulators in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America. Our subscription-only solutions are delivered online.
Business Development Manager is a key role in one of the major growth areas of the business. You will be directly responsible for managing a book of business - capitalising on retaining and growing revenue opportunities in your defined territory (within continental Europe), to meet and exceed your revenue goals as well as to support the coordination of various business development and lead generation activities with the CEMEA team.
As an advocate for MLex you will build strong internal networks with both commercial and editorial colleagues and maintain a close understanding of our editorial output and its relevance to your prospects.
You will need to be highly confident, articulate and driven to succeed in a fast paced environment.
- Manage & grow opportunity pipeline through active prospecting of existing book of business;
- Develop & execute strategic territory plans to capitalize on market opportunity, accurately forecasting renewals well in advance, and new cross-sell/up-sell revenues month by month. Overall providing a three-month forecast at any given time;
- Manage complete sales cycle from lead identification through customer relationship management and deal closure;
- Support the development & execution of various business development activities with the CEMEA team;
- Help identify new business opportunities through active prospecting and support lead generation initiatives;
- Provide the Head of Business Development, Continental Europe and Head of Sales, EMEA with forecasts and reports as and when requested by them;
- Timely production of regular and ad hoc sales reports;
- Prepare a sales plan to displace competitive products within prospect base;
- Achieve and exceed quarterly targets as defined by the Head of Business Development, Continental Europe and Head of Sales, EMEA;
- Develop new contact with decision-makers or influencers;
- Prioritise opportunities, ensure maximum customer-facing time is achieved;
- Effectively work alongside other stakeholder departments to ensure an integrated approach to customer care and that market needs are being met;
- Demonstrate complete knowledge of the features, advantages and benefits of all MLex products, and be able to demonstrate them fully;
- Keep up to date with market changes and developments, as well as new products;
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date reporting on the CRM.
- Proven track record of working successfully in a challenging and commercially driven sales environment, with experience of working in B2B business development role;
- Experience in a quota-based sales environment;
- Background in Legal Publishing, Information, Public Affairs or Research space preferred;
- Strong negotiation skills selling to a diversified customer base a must;
- Curiosity with public affairs and regulatory development covered by the business a must to be truly successful;
- Comfortable operating at senior decision maker level. Prospective internal personas will include General Counsel, Associate General Counsel, Chief Legal Officer, Heads of Legal, Data Protection Officers, Senior in-house counsel. A network in this space would be highly appealing;
- High level communication, organisation, and execution skills;
- Proficiency with MS office suite and social media are a must;
- Familiarity with CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce);
- A Master degree in law, political science, economics or business administration would be highly advantageous;
- Fluency in English, any other European language is a bonus.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org