Miyamoto International (Miyamoto) is a global, multi-hazard engineering and disaster risk management firm that builds resilience to sustain economies, safeguard communities and save lives around the world. Built on decades of engineering expertise in the field, as well as frontline experience responding to more than 100 disasters, Miyamoto’s specialists support how partners address the economic, political, social, sustainability and resiliency challenges in disaster risk reduction and post-disaster recovery and reconstruction.
Location: Washington DC, or other locations can be discussed
Starting Date and Duration: As soon as possible and the role is expected to run at least through the end of November.
Miyamoto International is seeking an experienced Senior Finance Specialist for a temporary assignment not to exceed six months. The position is based in Washington DC; however, other locations may be considered.
Key responsibilities of this position are:
Financial Management and Project Accounting:
1. Support the financial management and oversight of Miyamoto’s federal programs and the international development office.
2. Compile financial monthly and annual forecast and monthly earned revenue and consultant expense.
3. Compile donor financial reports, including monthly reimbursements for USAID awards.
4. Thorough reviews of financial documentation, including expenses and invoices for donor compliance and Miyamoto requirements.
5. Work with and across project teams to ensure proper financial documentation and timely reporting.
Compliance and Award Management:
1. Support annual audits, providing documentation/reporting as requested.
2. Work with Miyamoto’s project teams in understanding and addressing compliance issues.
3. Review donor awards and consultant contractual agreements and sub-awards to assure compliance with donor and company requirements.
4. Help develop processes and policies to ensure donor compliance.
• Degree in finance or accounting required; licensed as a Certified Public Accountant advantageous.
• Minimum 8- 10 years’ experience in Financial Management for donor-funded International Development programs.
• In depth understanding of project financial management and USG contracting and compliance matters.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing USAID funded programs – both acquisition and cooperative grants agreements.
• Excellent knowledge of GAAP, FAR and CFR with strong experience in federal compliance and procurement, preferably related to a For-Profit entity.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work with remote US-based and global teams.
• High energy with the ability to deliver results independently and successfully as a part of a global team.
• Advanced Excel, Adobe and Word skills.
• Fluent in English; Spanish as second language desirable.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Your team spirit should motivate others, inspire new ideas and contribute toward the firm’s mission and global growth. Successful candidates thrive in a dynamic, global work environment and share our passion for helping others.
Miyamoto International is an equal opportunity employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org