The Women4Cyber Foundation (www.women4cyber.eu) is the official legal entity underpinning the activities of the Women4Cyber initiative which was launched by the European Cyber Security Organisation – ECSO (www.ecs-org.eu) in January 2019.
The initiative intends to promote and implement actions and activities aiming for a gender-inclusive cybersecurity field which in turn will help increase the number of cybersecurity professionals in Europe (and globally).
To this effect, the Women4Cyber Foundation offers a challenging and interesting full-time (remunerated) traineeship position with real development opportunities in order to help carry out its activities.
Starting Date: as soon as possible (September 2021)
CV + Cover Letter to be sent to: [email protected] & [email protected]
Deadline for submitting your application: August 13, 2021
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Under the supervision of the W4C Secretary General and Managers, the trainee will implement and carry out the activities of the Women4Cyber initiative.
The trainee will provide support to content-based communication and administrative tasks for the daily management of the Women4Cyber Foundation, as well as provide ad-hoc support to the Secretariat.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBJECTIVES
The trainee will provide support to the following tasks:
- Administration: Update & manage the Women4Cyber database and distribution lists on a daily basis; reply to requests from community members on an ad hoc basis; draft emails; support the logistical implementation of the Women4Cyber local/national chapters.
- Event management / Meeting preparation: Support the preparation of Women4Cyber internal and external events and meetings (book venues, deal with logistics arrangements, prepare meeting material under supervision); prepare minutes of meetings.
- Communication: closely monitor and update the W4C social media channels; draft and help prepare the W4C social media messages on the different platforms; support the preparation of the quarterly newsletter (which includes updates and research on articles, videos and events); support the preparation and launch of the campaigns undertaken by W4C; proactively suggest innovative ideas to engage the W4C community and improve the visibility of the W4C Foundation.
- Research: Follow and report on other gender-related initiatives in cybersecurity/tech/digital in Europe as well as in the Member States, in the public, private and academic sector; help identify potential partnerships and support engagement with key stakeholders.
- Roadmap of Actions and other tasks: Support the implementation of concrete actions under the W4C Roadmap of Actions; help identify fundraising opportunities or partnerships; contribute to other ad-hoc tasks occurring in the daily work or as requested by the Secretariat.
- Have at least 1 to 2 years of experience working in Brussels or in an international environment (think tank, NGO, membership-based association, EU Institutions);
- Proven interest in cybersecurity and/or gender-inclusive policies & initiatives;
- Proactive, flexible and independent are important pre-requisites;
- Excellent English verbal & written communication skills. Knowledge of French is a plus;
- Effective communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines;
- Quick, clear and concise drafting and reporting skills;
- IT-skills: Advanced use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel), knowledge of Photoshop, Canva and / or other graphic design tools a plus.
In accordance with the GDPR, Women4Cyber ensures that your data will be processed exclusively for the purposes of completing this recruitment process. By submitting an application, you consent to the processing and storage of your data. Your data will be made available to the Secretary-General as well as the administrative personnel responsible for the recruitment process. You can withdraw your application and the right to process the data that you have provided to us at any time by sending an e-mail.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org