Provide policy expertise and support to Division programs in areas related to national security and nonproliferation of WMD-related technologies. Provide project implementation, research and analysis support for international nonproliferation engagement and nonproliferation policy programs. Support management of relationships with National Nuclear Security Administration and Department of State sponsors. Assist in facilitating and coordinating trainings, meetings and projects on site or in foreign countries as assigned. Lead and contribute to analyses and reports on nonproliferation policy areas. Support development of nonproliferation tools and resources.
Education and Experience Requirements
To be considered you must have:
- A successful candidate must have the ability to model Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
- Knowledge of U.S. and international nonproliferation, export control, and/or nuclear safeguards policies and regimes.
- Experience working in an international setting or with foreign partners.
- Knowledge of National Nuclear Security Administration and/or Department of State programs and activities.
- Organizational skills and the ability to solve problems independently.
- Oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Skills on PC systems using word processing, presentation, and other typical office software applications.
- Background in engineering, international relations or foreign affairs.
- Experience handling logistics for international meetings.
- Experience coordinating projects.
- Familiarity and experience with web applications, databases, and analytical tools.
- Proficiency in counter-proliferation finance and counter-terrorist financing preferred.
- Proficiency in a WMD-related technical area (e.g., biology, chemistry, missile technology, or nuclear engineering) preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Arabic, Russian or Spanish preferred, but not required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org