Founded in 1992, IWPR is an international not-for-profit organization that supports media and civil society organizations in countries in conflict, crisis, and transition around the world. IWPR works with partners to increase the organizational and leadership capacity of civic groups in order to remove barriers to robust public debate and citizen engagement.
We are seeking a Program Officer who will provide a range of support for the implementation of projects including reporting and evaluation; liaising with project team members, coordinating service providers and beneficiaries; developing content for and managing web platforms; as well as conducting regular financial and administrative duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaise and coordinate with key project members, consultants, and contributors;
- Monitor the implementation of the project’s components to ensure that targets are being met;
- Communicate with project beneficiaries and design innovative methods to engage with participants;
- Manage the project’s web platforms, content development, and publication processes;
- Facilitate the project’s collaborative learning activities and ensure quality control;
- Report periodically on the project’s activities and outcomes, and provide both qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Assess the project’s mid-to-long-term impacts; and articulate project strengths and weaknesses for internal planning purposes;
- Track project’s financial requirements to ensure operational efficiency;
- Assist with finance related tasks on items such as budget preparation and analysis, progress reports, financial statements, and processing invoices;
- Support the development of future project proposals by producing initial logic models, preliminary drafts of concept notes, and implementation timelines;
- Maintain project databases with meeting notes, quarterly and final reporting, tracking of programmatic decision-making, and general correspondences;
- Provide administrative and executive support for the team members including organizing meetings, annual events, and correspondences with local and international stakeholders;
- Other administrative duties may be required as needed.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree (preferred) in political science, international relations, sociology, history, or other related fields in social sciences and humanities;
- 2-3 years of related work experience in the non-profit, education, or international development sector is essential;
- Proficiency in basic accounting, budgeting, and cost proposals in the NGO sector;
- Experience with social media tools, web administration, content management and publication, and online communication;
- Excellent writing and editing skills and strong research and analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in an environment that is culturally diverse and promotes open dialogue;
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Docs, Word, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop, and Mac OS;
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Dari or Farsi.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org