World Education, Inc. (WEI) seeks multiple experienced Lead Technical Proposal Writer Consultants to support upcoming USAID RFA/RFP efforts within WEI’s Africa Division. Consultants will be contracted as needed for proposal writing support on upcoming USAID education-related solicitations. Applicants are asked to highlight their expertise in line with the illustrative responsibilities below in their submission (e.g. cover letter, resume including prior winning USAID bids).
- Consultants will contribute to writing efforts in one or more of the primary technical areas, based on qualifications:
- Serve as a lead writer for the technical approach, working closely with our international and country-based technical experts;
- Primary technical areas include basic education, early grade learning, material development, pre/in-service teacher training, teacher professional development, distance learning, systems strengthening, accountability/school management, coaching/supervision, continuous assessment, bilingual education, and community/parental engagement;
- Bring knowledge and understanding of USAID best practices, toolkits, policies, trends, and review process to improve the response/application;
- Contribute context-appropriate and evidence-based approaches for consideration into the design for the specific solicitation;
- Work with the WEI proposal team in developing appropriate graphics for inclusion in the proposal.
- Treat all information and documents as confidential.
- 5+ years of experience writing, designing, and reviewing winning USAID proposals/applications;
- Proven expertise in primary technical areas listed above (or related areas);
- Advanced knowledge of USAID processes, technical scoring, PMP and M&E plans, and review processes required;
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills;
- Excellent analytical and editing skills; including the ability to summarize a large body of text and transform it into a concise narrative;
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa and/or MENA region;
- Experience implementing USAID programs;
- Advanced degree in education or related field;
- Prior experience consulting as a proposal writer;
- Experience using Google Suite and access to a Gmail account;
- Arabic, Portuguese, French skills a plus.
Daily Rate commensurate with experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org