The Senior Technical Lead, Family Planning (FP) will provide family planning technical assistance to the USAID MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics program, initially devoting approximately 70% level of effort to provide technical family planning inputs into program design and implementation to achieve workplan aims and benchmarks. They will work closely with the MSSFPO global and country teams as well as other members of the EngenderHealth Clinical FP TA team, providing inputs into global and country program FP programming, implementation of effective strategies related to expand access to, quality of, and monitoring of LARCs and PMs, and ensure FP assistance and capacity-building support to local staff and partners at all levels of the health care system, and participate in FP compliance monitoring. Responsibilities will include ensuring that the inputs provided help ensure that the project meets all key benchmarks and advance scientific knowledge. The Senior Technical Lead, FP will participate in select USAID, project management, country co-creation, workplan review, and/or similar processes. They will be able to represent EngenderHealth and MSSFPO at global and national fora. They will report to the MSSFPO Project Director.
The Senior Technical Lead, FP will also, at a 30% level, support vision and strategy development of EngenderHealth’s overall country programs and new business development opportunities. They will work collaboratively across functions and projects at EngenderHealth to design innovative frameworks and models that are comprehensive, ensure high-quality care, sustainable, health systems-oriented, responsive to local needs, and that can be scaled-up in resource-constrained contexts. They will work closely with the Vice President of Programs, Director of Impact, Research, and Learning, and Regional Clinical Quality Advisors to ensure the establishment of robust compliance systems and processes to ensure the quality of clinical FP services across all EngenderHealth supported projects.
Must possess the following requirements with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Advanced degree in public health, social sciences, international development, or related field;
- 5-7 years of experience in implementing FP/RH programs in public and/or private health sectors in East, West, or Central Africa and/or Asia;
- Experience in working collaboratively with Ministries of Health and knowledge of health systems to scale up and implement national and preferably reproductive health programs;
- Experience in managing and supervising individuals and teams;
- Ability to be strategic and entrepreneurial, and to foster a cultural environment of innovation and collaboration;
- Flexible and adaptable with proven capacity to respond rapidly and effectively to a changing environment;
- Excellent partnership, team, and relationship-building skills, with proven results in working with multiple collaborators;
- Excellent understanding of international public health landscape in developing countries in areas related to MH, FP, SRH/R, quality improvement and assurance;
- Strong knowledge of the donor landscape within the health sector and potential investors for quality assurance;
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills;
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time (the equivalent of 12 weeks annually) to work with EngenderHealth’s field staff and partners;
- Experience in integrating reproductive health interventions in public and/or private sector interventions;
- Experience in leading and representing organizations in global technical fora;
- Comfort with a matrix management approach;
- Experience in supporting strategy and business development at an international NGO.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and being held accountable for meeting ambitious targets;
- Leadership skills to work with autonomy while still being collaborative, prioritize tasks, and positively influence others to follow directives and meet deliverables with global stakeholders;
- Systems-thinker whose strength is proactively finding the slightest weakness in a process and implementing a solution;
- Problem-solver mentality, with the ability to adapt seamlessly to changing priorities;
- Ensuring compliance with programmatic and clinical standards, as well as donor expectations regarding alignment with the broader MOMENTUM suite of and other EngenderHealth programs and branding/marking guidance;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work effectively in different socio-cultural contexts;
- Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and share information effectively with colleagues;
- Able to develop strong working relationships in virtual and remote environments;
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to use knowledge of the organizational and political climate to solve problems and accomplish goals;
- Experience in advocating for the integration of MH/FP/SRH standards and practices into national policies, systems, and training frameworks;
- Experience in technical tools and materials development;
- Experience in program monitoring and reporting;
- Experience with budgeting and expenditure monitoring;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Fluency in spoken and written French highly desired.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org