Reporting to the Associate Director, Data and Learning, the Global RM&E Associate position plays a pivotal role within the Global RM&E team and contributes significantly to organization-wide goals. The primary emphasis of this position is to lead and support efforts focused on our global indicator processes and reporting, cross-functional country support and several other critical activities. This is a matrix-managed role, with some activities managed by the Associate Director, GO RM&E and some activities managed by the Senior Director, GO RM&E. This position will be based in San Francisco (office-based) or Washington DC (home-based).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage Room to Read’s Global Indicators reporting process, including defining improvements to the process and indicator framework, consulting with colleagues on streamlining data collection processes, ensuring data quality for indicator reporting and producing timely, high quality and innovative reporting on global indicators.
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, lead the refinement of Room to Read’s children benefitted estimation model and define organization-wide processes to implement the measurement model.
- Develop timely, high-quality and innovating reporting processes to keep leadership and partners appraised of progress toward our strategic plan goals.
- In collaboration with the Sr. Director, support the development of new processes and systems to improve our country office support related to planning, budgeting, training, staffing and coordination.
- In collaboration with the Sr. Director, support the development of new processes and systems to improve GO RM&E’s contributions to business development efforts including proposal development, work plans, budgets, and staffing strategies.
- Serve as a key resource for the management and tracking of projects being implemented by the GO RM&E team. Support team communications and action tracking.
- Serve as a key resource for the roll-out of new processes, including digitization of field-level data collection as well as summarization and utilization of data.
- As needed, support thought-leadership events and activities being hosted by Room to Read.
- Assist with various special projects and other ad-hoc duties, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience that aligns with the job duties noted above.
- Demonstrated ability to define and manage complex processes with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with experience developing guidance documents, reports, and presentations.
- Successful experience building relationships and working within diverse teams.
- Ability and desire to travel internationally, if required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided.
- Familiarity with evidence and data resources (e.g., databases, document repositories, data platforms) focused on international development, ideally with an education sector focus.
- Familiarity with research, monitoring and evaluation frameworks and activities associated with international development programs.
- Experience summarizing research studies and/or evaluation reports.
- Experience with international development programs or RM&E in developing countries.
- Experience with data visualization, project management and knowledge management strategies and tools.
- Experience with digital data collection/survey platforms (e.g., SurveyCTO, ODK).
- Quantitative analytical skills, ideally including experience using software packages such as SPSS and Stata.
- Knowledge of assessment and/or survey development.
- Experience with competitive procurement processes and management of contracted services.
Room to Read offers a competitive pay with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org