The Department of Social Sciences seeks applications for a full-time tenure-track position in Political Science. The successful applicant will be expected to teach general political science courses in addition to constitutional law and political theory.
Duties and Tasks:
- Teach eight classes per academic year
- Advise and mentor students
- Participate in curriculum development
- Engage in scholarship and professional development
- Engage in service to the department, college, and university
- May perform other related tasks as assigned by the department chair, dean, and/or vice president of academic affairs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Earned Ph.D. in Political Science
- Broad knowledge base and ability to teach several undergraduate political courses.
- Demonstrated teaching proficiency
- Knowledge of the online instructional environment is preferred
- Evidence or promise of professional development and scholarly research
In addition to your curriculum vitae, the following documents are required for consideration. Please be sure to check the email under which you applied for important instructions on completing the remaining steps, including uploading documents in the second step of the application packet process as follows:
- Teaching Philosophy - (500 words or less), should highlight how your teaching philosophy and practices fit the Mission and Values of Saint Leo University.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation – All letters of recommendation should be professional references and at least one (1) from a recent superior. If you do not have those documents at the time of application, please upload a text or word document stating, "Recommendations will be sent independently." Recommendation letters can be mailed to Academic Affairs at the address stated below
- Student Evaluations (six classes minimum) – Student evaluations from the last year (at least six classes, an even mix of graduate and undergraduate).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org