As part of the expansion of our European business operations, we are looking for an experienced Senior Consultant Climate Adaptation (m/f, full-time) to join our EU climate policy team, either in Rotterdam (NL) or Brussels (BE). The successful applicant will support the team in further expanding Trinomics’ project portfolio in European and international policy development and assessments in the area of Climate Adaptation. We are looking for an open-minded and motivated colleague who would like to join our dynamic team and work in a professional yet informal working atmosphere.
Profile of the candidate
We are looking for candidates with a rigorous background in and knowledge of European climate adaptation policies and strategies, strong analytical capacity, an eye for detail, the willingness to go that extra mile if necessary, and a desire to operate in multidisciplinary project teams. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Completed Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Economics, Finance or another related discipline;
- At least 6-8 years of professional work experience, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in public policy research and consultancy, including proposal development, project management, authoring or reports, research, analysis, and advisory;
- In-depth knowledge of the relevant strategies, policies and policy instruments in the area of Climate Adaptation (e.g. national adaptation plans (NAP), disaster risk reduction and management (DRM), ecosystem-based adaptation, climate risk assessment, nature-based solutions, etc.) is expected and should be demonstrated via previous employment experience and/or consultancy assignments;
- Demonstrated experience in leading the delivery of consultancy projects, including experience working on policy studies, evaluations and EU Impact Assessments. Familiarity with the EU Better Regulation guidelines is a plus;
- Demonstrated experience in managing and coordinating project teams;
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out pro-active business development and acquisition in the required areas of expertise, together with a good network of established contacts within the EU climate policy community;
- Ability to work, write and communicate fluently in English. Ability to work in any additional languages (such as Dutch, German or French) is considered as an advantage;
- Eligible to work in the European Union (EU).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org