Based in Kwale and reporting to, County Programme Coordinator, the Programme Officer will be responsible for the delivery of AKF Education programme activities on time, on budget, with quality. The Programme Officer will be part of a broader Coast Region education team responsible for the delivery of the Education Improvement Programme (EIP) theory of change to ensure AKF quality long-term support and programming to improve the quality of the Coast Region Education System.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain positive, respectful, and trusted working relationships with key stakeholders including, partner CSOs, county government and community partners.
- Participate in other development partner forums at both local and national levels and coordinate actively with other NGOs and actors that support education and gender related activities within the county areas, to collaborate and ensure complementarity whilst avoiding duplication of efforts.
- work closely with gender equality organizations, women’s organizations, teachers and CSOs specialized in women and adolescent human rights.
- Facilitate teacher professional development courses, including in values-based education and gender responsive play-based learning.
- Promote and support teacher led solutions to improving learning environment and learning outcomes across AKF’s network of schools in Kwale county.
- Effectively manage processes to provide teachers with the opportunities to develop globally informed locally rooted solutions.
- Partner with local CSO to deliver the whole school approach at the school level to promote greater parental and community engagement in their schools and their children’s in and out of school learning.
- Partner with CSO to develop inclusive community engagement plans to conduct activities ranging from community events to targeted in home visits.
- Ensure all funds are utilised in line with AKF financial procedures and policies as well as donor requirements.
- Contribute to EIP learning.
- Compilation of quality and timely activity reports.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience of working in education sector, preferably primary education with formal and non-formal learning Systems.
- Experience delivering participatory development tools and community driven approaches.
- Experience delivering teacher professional development courses.
- An in depth understanding of the local context in Kwale and including community dynamics.
- A University degree in education, community development or social sciences.
- At least 3 years relevant working experience in the Education sector.
- Thorough knowledge of the Kenyan education system and the policy context.
- Proven problem solver with the ability to work in adverse team environment.
- Proven facilitation skills.
- Flexible, professional with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities with strict deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent MS Excel and MS Word skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org