UNIFE is the European Association of train-builders and rail equipment manufacturers. UNIFE brings together more than 100 member companies based all over Europe – from numerous SMEs to major global players – active in the manufacture of rail vehicles (trains/trams/metros/locomotives/freight wagons) as well as the production of signalling and infrastructure equipment.
Based in Brussels, UNIFE represents its Members’ interests at the level of both European and international institutions. Moreover, UNIFE informs its Members on all EU policies and funding instruments of interest for the rail supply industry.
We are looking for a Public Affairs Manager who will be responsible for the trade and international affairs portfolio.
- In close coordination with the Head of Unit, the Public Affairs Manager will be in charge of monitoring the development of EU trade policy and shaping UNIFE’s positions. Due to the structure of business in the rail supply industry (clients are most of the time public authorities), special attention will be given to public procurement, in both its international and European dimensions. He/she will be responsible for building and maintaining close links with EU institutions national governments, and also with other stakeholders.
- The portfolio includes:
- legislative files important for the European rail supply industry (e.g. international procurement instrument; instrument on foreign subsidies; carbon border adjustment mechanism);
- bilateral negotiations on public procurement/investment with key countries (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea, Mercosur);
- management of bilateral cooperation with third countries (e.g. US, Gulf Countries, Africa, Russia), in cooperation with the Technical Affairs unit.
- The Public Affairs Manager will be in charge of managing UNIFE’s Trade and International Affairs Committee (TIAC).
Additionally, the Public Affairs Manager will be in charge of the skills portfolio. In particular, he/she will coordinate a specific work package of the Erasmus+-funded project STAFFER (Skill Training Alliance For the Future European Rail system), which gathers 32 partners from across the European Union and its rail community under a stakeholder partnership to address the challenge of skill shortage in the rail sector.
- Master’s degree in economics, law or political sciences.
- 3-5 years professional experience in EU Public Affairs.
- Previous experience with EU trade policy and knowledge of public procurement and/or skills is an asset.
- Knowledge of the transport sector is an advantage.
- The candidate must be fluent in English; knowledge of another European language is an asset.
- Strong coordination/organisation skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Rigorous, detail oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work both independently and closely with all members of the UNIFE team.
- Willingness to travel abroad.
- A stimulating and dynamic international environment.
- An attractive remuneration package suited to the candidate’s education and experience.
To apply, please send a CV together with a cover letter by 24 September 2021. Interviews shall be held remotely first (via Microsoft Teams).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org