Under the direct supervision of the Chief Mine Action Programme (CMAP) and Head of Project Unit (HPU), the Associate Programme officer (APO) will perform the following duties:
Programme development planning and coordination
- Support the programme officer in coordinating the development of the programme's strategy plan.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant stakeholders in-country and at HQ, to communicate programme requirements and client capacities.
- Provide programme information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations and contractors and UN agencies.
- Maintain documentation of decisions and actions taken on programme issues.
Development and follow up of resource mobilization opportunities
- Stay abreast of policies on mine action, UN policies, and cross-cutting priorities, such as gender, diversity, conflict sensitivity, sustainability, and environment, to be included in programme design as relevant.
- Coordinate preparation of programme documents, including concept notes, proposals, and associated budgets and obtain approval before dissemination.
- Assist in drafting and/or reviewing of concept notes and project proposals and other project documents required for the signature and implementation of new projects.
- Actively engage in public information initiatives and maintain close working relationships with UN partner agencies on public information activities.
Programme management support
- Support in drafting agreements and suggest compliance plans and monitoring frameworks to guide key departments and management teams to meet requirements of funding agreements, in coordination with HQ policies.
- In collaboration with relevant personnel, identify monitoring mechanisms to measure delivery against targets outlined in funding agreements.
- Assist in tracking programme results against targets, alert relevant management if delivery is not on track, compile data and draft reports to internal and external stakeholders and support the management team to prepare for internal reviews.
- Assist in coordinating information flow between implementation partner and donors
- Prepare, and provide editing support for, high quality summary and analytical reports including, but not limited to, substantive reports, financial agreement, factsheets...etc.
- Prepare draft budgets and project proposals for new projects and extensions of ongoing projects as required by the CMAP.
- Draft Programme Quarterly and Annual reports.
- Prepare donor reports and funding proposals, including ad hoc reports as required.
- Prepare periodic substantive reports for implementing partners against donor contributions, projects and activities.
Stakeholder coordination, representation, and inter-agency collaboration
- Assist with communication and leading specific donors’ contributions assigned by CMAP and HPU ensuring successful implementation of all activities under their funding are achieved.
- Assist in maintaining relationships with UN, international organizations, donors, governments, and mine action stakeholders for the purposes of facilitating activities and improving the quality and relevance of programme implementation.
- Participate in, contribute to and report on the relevant inter-agency, UN mission, donor and inter-governmental coordination meetings in consultation with relevant programme technical experts when required.
- Assist in the development of communication strategies, linked to resource mobilization strategies, where relevant, to maximize communication impact and outreach and build awareness of Country Programme objectives.
- Support the programme officer design, coordination and dissemination of public information products and communication activities as well as gather and draft content for communications products and platforms, ensuring use of social media in Risk Education activities is included.
- Support preparations for official meetings, events, briefings, and field visits, and prepare talking points, briefing notes, presentations and speeches for the management team and senior UN officials.
- Assist the CMAP during donor visits, visits to embassies and presentations and visits to/by Mine Action stakeholders in the country.
- Liaise with UN partner agencies and donors in mine action in obtaining up to date information on potential funding and projects.
- Support the national authority in humanitarian mine action coordination.
- Attend humanitarian cluster system meetings and assist on the HNO and HRP process.
- Attend inter agency meetings and assist on any programme issues.
Knowledge management and document management and innovation
- Maintain records of programme files and other necessary programme documents such as documentation of decisions and actions taken on programme issues.
- Assist in building national capacity through close communication and review of written products of national partners.
- Assist in implementing relevant standards, tools and templates to effectively manage programme development and implementation.
- Identify, contribute to, record and share the ongoing development and implementation of best practice, lessons identified, and innovative approaches to improve overall programme performance
- Perform any other duties as requested and tasked by the CMAP and HPU.
- Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) two (2) years of relevant experience is required. OR
- A First level university degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) Four (4) years of relevant experience is required.
- Relevant experience is defined as experience in programme, project management or business administration.
- Experience in humanitarian mine action coordination is desired.
- Experience in donor reporting and preparing project proposals is desired.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and speaking) is required
- Fluency in French (reading, writing and speaking) is required. Knowledge of other UN official language is desired.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org