Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Fundraising Project Manager (PM) role is an exciting opportunity for a business- and social impact-minded, highly-collaborative, motivated individual to help grow NYCEDC’s external network and unlock resources. As part of the Partnerships’ department, the PM will develop and manage relationships and partnerships with academic, corporate, international, philanthropic, and workforce development stakeholders, and other key actors in the city to advance EDC’s priorities across economic development verticals. Verticals include inclusive ecosystem growth (e.g., tech, life sciences & healthcare, sustainability, industrial, fashion), economic mobility, real estate management, urban planning and community development.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the PM will be asked to support cross-departmental projects that include donor prospecting and cultivation as well as general partnerships development across industries. This position is ideal for highly motivated individuals with the ability to write skillfully for multiple formats and audiences, manage several projects concurrently against tight timelines, and co-develop ideas that advance transformative partnerships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
General Project Support
- Build and maintain relationships across NYCEDC and external stakeholders, creating awareness of EDC programs and initiatives, and identifying mutually beneficial collaboration opportunities.
- Manage a portfolio of cross-departmental or cross-agency projects, ensuring project objectives are achieved; actively monitor and track progress of projects using appropriate tools to ensure timeline and objectives are met.
- Develop project plans that include analyses, scope of work, timelines, individual responsibilities, etc.
- Create and deliver presentations, memorandums and other materials that effectively communicate project recommendations and/or findings to various audiences (e.g., senior EDC staff, City Hall staff, partner agencies, external stakeholders)
- Partner with leaders and colleagues across EDC departments including but not limited to External Affairs, Initiatives, Strategy, Legal, and Grants to develop partnership strategies, marketing collateral, and associated external engagement tools e.g., newsletters.
- As needed, support partnership development for local and domestic events and conferences.
- Support prospect development Develop and maintain list of funding opportunities in close coordination with the VP, Development
- Co-develop donor pipeline via identifying prospects and executing engagement strategies
- Interface with key stakeholders on projects and other partnership opportunities
- Monitor, identify, and diligence new funding opportunities from the private sector
- Oversee support functions including project management for live opportunities, development database management, and proposal development as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-4+ years of relevant experience, including business development, donor stewardship, fundraising, international affairs, and/or economic development
- Strong ability to build long-term relationships and consensus on shared goals
- Exceptional business writing and communications skills are required, including public speaking
- Specific experience in grants management preferred, including narrative and financial reporting, proposal development, and serving as a knowledge resource on donors.
- Proven competency in use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and primary databases such as Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience managing complex stakeholder relationships using CRM tools (e.g., Salesforce, MS Dynamics)
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org