Student Services Officers (SSOs) are primarily responsible for supporting students from the time they express interest in an ISEP study, intern, or volunteer abroad program through the completion of their program. They work with students to choose appropriate programs that meet their academic and personal goals, advise on the application and course selection processes, prepare students to depart for their programs, and provide support while on program.
Each SSO is assigned a geographic region and is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge on the universities and program opportunities located within their region. SSOs also provide support in the areas of health and safety procedures and operations, visa documentation, and transcript facilitation.
External: Students, University coordinators on ISEP member campuses, parents
Internal: Director of Enrollment Management, University Relations Directors and Managers, Marketing, IT
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Conduct outreach and advising with prospective students in order to help them select an appropriate program (or programs), with the objective to convert a maximum number of leads to completed qualified applications
· Advise students placed at a program in their region on course selection and program acceptance and other processes
· Respond to inquiries from students, campus coordinators, and parents in a timely manner and with a high level of customer services in order to facilitate application completion and student retention throughout the student journey
· Serve as primary point of contact for students in the pre-departure stage, delivering pre-departure orientations and assisting with academic, cultural, and visa matters
· Address student concerns that arise during programs, working in collaboration with ISEP’s Member Relations team and Host University Coordinators on university campuses. This may require being involved in matters of health and safety.
· Maintain knowledge on a variety of regionally based programs for student support purposes. Collaborate consistently and effectively with ISEP’s University Relations Managers to ensure knowledge is up to date.
· Work directly with students and university coordinators in the areas of health and safety, health insurance requirements, J-1 visa immigration documentation, transcript facilitation, diversity and inclusion, or other general operations
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2 or more years work experience in student advising, higher education, international education, study abroad, international program administration, or related areas
· Travel, study and/or work experience abroad
· Outstanding time management skills and customer service acumen
· Excellent cross-cultural communication and student relations skills
· Ability to handle detail and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to collaborate effectively in a highly team-oriented environment and culture
· Proven effective engagement with stakeholders at multiple levels
· Experience using a CRM
· Experience with advising and/or counseling
· Knowledge of and experience working with cultures and higher education institutions in Northern and Central Europe
· Foreign language skills: French
· Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in ISEP and your qualifications for this position along with your salary requirements and list of professional references.
· Send your submission to [email protected] with the subject line: " Student Services Officer – Northern & Central Europe”.
· Application Deadline: September 24, 2021.
ISEP is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org