Under the supervision of ICAP’s Deputy Director for Communications and Content Strategy, the Communications Officer will support communications activities and efforts designed to raise awareness and increase support for ICAP as a global health leader and to foster a more cohesive global organization -- overseeing ICAP’s public-facing communications platforms and media; managing and improving internal communications, and maintaining and improving communications systems to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Management of public-facing digital platforms (30%)
• Maintain ICAP website, keep all information correct and up-to-date
• Develop innovative content for ICAP website, including infographics, photo essays, short video segments, and multimedia experiences
• Post content either originating from communications or provided by other teams (e.g., tools and resources)
• Work with Communications team to develop and distribute social media platforms with a goal of increasing engagement through innovative thinking, strategic initiatives and vigorous activity
• Manage email communications, including planning, coordinating, producing, and disseminating the RECAP newsletter and drafting/designing MailChimp eblasts to announce news and events to external constituents
• Traffic news items to university and external news channels
• Promote events through ICAP, MSPH, CU properties, events calendar, RSVPs, etc.
• Manage and promote internal and external webinars
Management of internal news and reporting (35%)
• Develop, maintain, and continuously improve comprehensive internal news reporting content procedures and platforms, including an internal news feed, internal newsletter, e-blasts, listservs, including adapting and using the intranet as an internal news delivery and engagement platform.
• Provide regular data report on communications activities, including website, social media, materials production, with analysis and recommendations
• Maintain global events and editorial calendars
Management of communications systems, tools, and resources (30%)
• Conceptualize and manage website features and upgrades (supervising consultant developer)
• Monitor and evaluate digital and communications analytics, providing meaningful evaluations of this data, reporting the analytics in useful ways for various audiences, including ICAP leadership, and making strategic recommendations to improve engagement with target audiences
• Maintain, update and improve Communications resources on intranet
• Monitor and facilitate email requests from external parties
• Manage, organize, archive, tag, and service digital assets to internal teams and external parties as needed – including photos, graphics, videoclips, and digital publications and resources – through digital asset management system(s)
• Oversee all digital business needs for the Communications team, including setting up POs and vendor contracts\
Perform other duties as directed (5%)
Very limited domestic and/or international travel may be required
Please apply here