Under the supervision of ICAP’s Director for Communications and Content Strategy, the Communications Officer will manage communications activities that effectively raise awareness of and increase support for ICAP support for ICAP, a global health leader situated at Columbia University that works to improve the health of families and communities worldwide. The Communications Officer will work with staff across ICAP’s New York City headquarters and country offices abroad to ensure ICAP’s mission, messages, and accomplishments are communicated in creative and strategic ways to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Develop, produce, and project manage communications campaigns, activities and events. (20%)
- Develop, write, and distribute communications materials promoting and reporting on ICAP projects, programs, and initiatives – including briefs, success stories, news stories, and social media content. (20%)
- Develop, guide, and provide oversight for project branding strategy, including appropriate ICAP, partner, and donor acknowledgment. (15%)
- Develop compelling content for key ICAP project websites and support the maintenance of content on these sites, as needed. (15%)
- In collaboration with outside vendors and project teams, document key ICAP projects through photo and video and utilize this in project communications. (10%)
- Assist project teams to promote key ICAP events, including webinars, workshops, and conferences. (5%)
- Advance ICAP's thought leadership, including representation at international conferences and establishment of a publication plan for journal/scholarly articles. (5%)
- Participate in key project team meetings and support other communications needs as they arise. (5%)
- Perform other related duties as directed. (5%)
- Bachelor's degree in strategic communications, marketing, public policy, or a public health-related field or equivalent in education or training, plus a minimum of four years related experience
- Excellent writing, editorial, and contemporary storytelling skills
- Outstanding project management and problem-solving skills.
- Strong abilities with standard office and communications software, including Microsoft Office
- Website content management skills, especially WordPress
- Ability to measure, analyze and report on communications activities
- Experience with managing social media campaigns
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and ability to do basic graphic design.
- Photography and video production experience or skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced degree preferred in journalism, public policy, development or related fields
- Five years of experience in Communications, preferably in an international development or public health organization.
- Demonstrated experience in project management for communications.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex technical/scientific language for the web and other audiences/platforms.
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and coordinative skills
- International work experience
- Experience working with an nonprofit or NGO
- Professional experience in the health or intentional development sectors
- Experience managing the design and production of websites and other digital properties
- French, Portuguese, Russian, Swahili, and/or other language skills
Please apply here