The Vice President of International Human Resources (IHR) provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s Global HR function. Provides strategic guidance and ensures success in complex organizational design initiatives to align global function structures, tools, processes, roles and rewards to long-term strategy and capability requirements. This includes the areas of talent acquisition, workforce planning, training and development, and talent management. The Vice President of International Human Resources serves as a catalyst of the ethos and culture of Mercy Ships integrating the tenets of faith, mission, and vision into all talent management processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Include but Not Limited To)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Champion enterprise HR agenda and strategic initiatives that serve to develop strong teams and strengthen the experience of staff, crew and volunteers.
- Inspire a global recruitment and retention strategy that builds capacity to meet the growing needs of mission work internationally, including building a volunteer talent pipeline and external partnerships.
- Hire and motivate a highly effective and engaged HR team. Challenge, coach and develop staff.
- Lead influencer in the design of leadership and management development training programs and succession planning.
- Function as the expert on organizational issues and serve as trusted advisor and business partner to executive leadership team.
- Deploy and optimizes global HRIS systems to enhance HR processes, talent acquisition, talent planning, and workforce administration.
- Develop effective performance management and talent vitality processes including goal setting, performance appraisals, individual development plans, and skill-based training. Includes leading organization-wide performance management initiative.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the organizations long-term mission and goals; identifies ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Able to ensure strong alignment and impact of HR solutions across a variety of countries and cultures.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to thinking strategically and implementing tactically.
- Strong collaboration skills. Able to proactively partner with stakeholders to develop strategy, solutions and seek feedback to inform continues improvement efforts.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org