ROLE DESCRIPTION: The successful candidate will support the organization in raising the profile of the association and the related alliances and projects.
Department: Ecology Reporting to: JESC Director
Date: November 2021
Contract: CDD 38hrs/week
Only candidates with a right to work in EEA countries will be considered.
Only candidates selected for exams and interviews will be contacted.
JESC - JESUIT EUROPEAN SOCIAL CENTRE is a faith-based organization that focuses its work on four main priorities: European Affairs, Ecology, Social Justice and Leadership.
More on http://jesc.eu/.
We are looking for three main traits:
- The ability to take a leading role in raising the profile of the association and the related alliances and projects;
- The ability to monitor EU policy and contribute to the implementation of JESC and JCEP policy priorities;
- The ability to make JESC ecology team activities self-sustaining through fundraising.
- Coordination of the relevant committees, working groups, social sectoral dialogue and other meetings;
- Handle the process of creating JESC position papers, policy recommendations and other advocacy deliverables, incl. dissemination and lobby campaigns;
- Execution and coordination of EU funded projects;
- In charge of the Ecology track of European Leadership Programme: from the design to the cohort;
- Interest representation and lobbying towards the EU institutions together with the Secretary for European Affairs;
- Monitoring EU policy and contributing to the implementation of JESC and JCEP policy priorities;
- Proactively engage in reaching out to and in meeting with key stakeholders, other associations, relevant NGOs;
- Take a lead role in raising the profile of the association and the related alliances and projects such as ELSIA and Ecojesuit Europe among others on specific topics both within the association, among stakeholders and with policymakers;
- Carry out ad hoc actions such as managing ad hoc projects with the involvement of external consultants, drafting briefings, stakeholder’s mapping, drafting press articles, preparation of presentations and speaking points;
- Translation of LS agenda into the European context.
- Education: PhD in relevant subjects or a double Master;
- 15+ years of experience in a similar role;
- Languages: English C1 (Written and spoken) and French C1 essential, additional languages desirable.
- Multiannual Public Policy experience at EU level;
- Depth in drafting comprehensive dossier;
- Knowledge of Laudato Si/Social Agenda of the Church;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work;
- Strong attention to detail and Active listening skills;
- Strong self-management, communication and organizational skills;
- Problem solving skills and Solutions oriented;
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills;
- Enthusiasm for continual learning.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Wordpress;
- Previous successful experiences in fundraising and EU grants;
- Driver’s license category B;
- Knowledge of Spanish or German or Dutch.
Please send an email with the subject Senior Policy Officer on Ecology to [email protected] attaching:
- Cover letter, explaining your competency for this position, in JESC (about 500 words);
- Curriculum Vitae in English;
- List of publications;
- List of references.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org