Recruit Petra is proud to partner with Ocean Conservancy to find a Senior Manager of International Policy to develop, coordinate, and execute strategies and efforts in support of Ocean Conservancy’s work to implement a global, systemic solution to plastic pollution in aquatic environments, including lost and abandoned fishing gear.
The Senior Manager of International Policy will be responsible for a varied portfolio of international work, including:
- Supporting the work with multilateral platforms and stakeholders including G7, G20, APEC, ASEAN,
- Leading the portfolio of work with the Basel Convention, including the Plastic Waste Partnership;
- Managing relationships with UN bodies and conventions such as ECOSOC, UNEP, GESAMP, and Regional Seas Conventions;
- Coordinating participation in international events such as Our Ocean, UN Ocean Conference, and WEF.
- Support the Trash Free Seas Program in formulating, implementing, and executing strategies that support the goals of Ocean Conservancy’s plastics initiatives, including the GGGI.
- Support the Plastics Initiative Director and the GGGI Director with tracking projects and managing day-to-day communication with scientists, subject matter experts, and external consultants.
- Strengthen and expand relationships with stakeholders that correspond to Ocean Conservancy’s policy goals and outreach strategy.
- Conduct international policy research and analysis; and provide international policy review and recommendations to support plastic initiatives, and policy related to the Trash Free Seas Program.
- Work closely with Ocean Conservancy program staff to identify and create opportunities to advance specific international policy goals, and to develop and implement strategies and tactics to achieve effective policy outcomes.
- Work closely with the Communications Department to align external messaging with organizational, policy, and programmatic objectives.
- Represent Ocean Conservancy in external meetings/events with integrity and excellence; build and maintain relationships with public agencies, funders, researchers, academics, NGOs, industry representatives, public officials, and other partners.
- Coordinate Ocean Conservancy’s cross-programmatic participation in international forums and events with key stakeholders.
- 5 + years of experience working in or with international organizations (United Nations, APEC, G7, G20, or similar) dealing with environmental policy required.
- Prior experience in living or working internationally.
- Knowledge of the workings of UN agencies, multilateral bodies, and policy fora and policy-making processes.
- Experience working in a multi-stakeholder environment and with the development of stakeholder engagement strategies to achieve desired policy outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the areas of International Relations, Environmental Policy, or other related fields required.
- Professional experience in international policy, environmental policy, ocean resource management, or other relevant experience required.
- Ability to manage relationships between stakeholders with diverse points of view.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to manage multiple simultaneous projects and stakeholders, to coordinate concurrent tasks from a variety of senior staff with minimal supervision.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%, including internationally.
- Working proficiency in a second language, preferably Spanish.
Location: Washington, DC preferred. Other locations within the US will be considered.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org