The Parliament Magazine - the magazine and website written exclusively for EU policymakers - is seeking a Head of Digital to oversee its day-to-day online editorial operations. This is a great opportunity for an experienced digital journalist to lead and implement our digital growth strategy.
The role includes:
- Oversee the editorial planning for online, including setting daily and weekly agendas and overseeing the allocation of editorial tasks and activities with the Managing Editor;
- To commission, research, edit and write high quality news, interviews and features for the online platform;
- Work with the Managing Editor in delivering the Parliament Magazine’s digital growth and editorial strategy and deliver on it;
- Oversee the scheduling and uploading of all online content - including social media content - and management of website’s CMS;
- Building contacts within the EU institutions and political intelligence competitor sites;
- Working closely with the Production Team on the design and delivery of digital content, including text and multimedia;
- Providing insight on the activities within the Brussels EU policy bubble and for this to be reflected in the content of the Parliament Magazine’s print and website platforms;
- Nurturing and developing in-house editorial team skills in journalism, design, video and photography;
- To act as the public face of the digital publication, attending events as necessary and building a strong contact book in Brussels.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar role or minimum of three years’ experience at a professional news organisation, preferably with a focus on the EU;
- Proven track record in online audience development and excellent knowledge of digital growth strategies, including social media, off-platform referral traffic and aggregators as well on-platform engagement tactics;
- Have strong copy editing and social media skills and the ability to write clear, concise, accurate and eye-catching copy;
- Have administrative/management experience within a news/media setting;
- Be English mother tongue or have a thorough command of written and spoken English, good knowledge of French.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org