The role of the EU Partnership Trainee is to contribute towards sustained and increased EU financial investment in children and to facilitate World Vision’s access to EU funding through its European, national and field offices. The main focus of this role is to support the Partnership Team with research and analysis of key funding trends, as well as knowledge management on EU funding for the benefit of the World Vision Partnership.
- Support the implementation of the office strategy and team engagement for EU funding with DG INTPA and DG NEAR.
- Support grants acquisition for DG INTPA and DG NEAR.
- Support capacity-building efforts regarding EU donors.
- Support internal and external communication efforts within World Vision and with INGO peers.
- Support in any other activities contributing to the achievement of WV EUREP Partnership team’s strategic objectives for EU funding.
- Provide constructive inputs in the development of strategies and annual work plans for WV EUREP; assist in the development of strategic EC engagement plans for World Vision.
- Monitor and analyse funding opportunities and other relevant information at global and country levels, including new EC strategic and programmatic documentation.
- Support the EU Partnership team in consolidating and regularly updating grants databases, reports and analyses.
- Assist World Vision Offices with the process of proposal development targeting the EC.
- Provide helpdesk support services on EC regulations to World Vision’s Offices.
- Support external engagement with relevant EC services at Brussels level.
- Support the elaboration of tools for internal coordination, information sharing and quality control of applications submitted to the EC.
- Support the organisation of trainings/workshops around EC grants for different entities within the World Vision partnership in Brussels and online.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree - or equivalent experience in development, economics, politics, international relations or a field relevant to World Vision’s mission.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the European Union institutions, development policies, specifically related to children.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
- Good knowledge of French or Spanish an asset.
- Able to communicate effectively and to collaborate with colleagues based in all regions and countries where World Vision works.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Good team spirit and willingness to work in a multicultural environment.
- Support for World Vision’s core values and Christian identity.
- Citizenship of an EU member state or a valid residence and work permit for Belgium is a must.
Would be assets, but optional
- Understanding/experience with EU grants.
- Previous experience in a related field (EU institutions, fundraising for NGOs etc.).
- Good command of French and/or Spanish.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org