We are looking for a highly motivated Campaigns & Communication Manager to drive impactful and high-profile campaigns.
As part of the ECOS Communications team, you will be leading on ECOS engagement in the communication activities within our campaigns, with a particular focus on climate change, plastics, and textiles. Your key challenge will be to translate our love of technical environmental policies and processes into clear campaigns and communications, bringing forward solutions to our environmental challenges by having a positive impact on the political and technical decisions made.
ECOS is an international NGO with a network of members and experts advocating for environmentally friendly technical standards, policies and laws. We ensure the environmental voice is heard when they are developed and drive change by providing expertise to policymakers and industry players, leading to the implementation of strong environmental principles. ECOS is headquartered in Brussels and has an exceptional team of 24 staff supported by a network of over 50 technical experts and more than 50 member organisations.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Lead on ECOS engagement in the communication activities within our collaborative multi- stakeholder campaigns, with a particular focus on climate change, plastics, and textiles;
- Drive the public communications work of the ECOS Circular Economy work, ensuring the overall strategy is translated into communications initiatives that support the narrative and objectives;
- Help increase ECOS communications impacts, notably by targeting media outreach, in close cooperation with ECOS Press Manager;
- Lead, guide and organise ECOS events, both physical and online;
- Create impactful communications content for ECOS including articles, opinion pieces, and publications, making use of innovative approaches to digital communications to disseminate our messages;
- Help ensure quality control, editing, proofreading and design of internal and external publications.
- At least three years of relevant experience in communications and campaigning, preferably in an NGO environment;
- Proven experience of development and deployment of campaigns and communication actions;
- Fluent written and spoken English, with excellent editing and proof-reading skills (a must);
- Ability to make complex policy and technical issues easy to understand to a variety of audiences;
- Strong time and priority management, high level of independence and can-do mentality, good team-player with a passion for excellence;
- Experience managing events;
- Good knowledge of social media and their use for campaigning;
- Good project and budget management skills;
- Knowledge of environmental policy and standardisation an asset.
What we offer:
- An open-ended Belgian contract with a competitive salary package €3.200 - €4.130 according to the ECOS salary scale and depending on skills and relevant experience of the candidate;
- A benefits package (meal vouchers, pension scheme, 13th month, excellent insurances, public transport, eco-cheques etc.);
- A flexible, dynamic, and very pleasant international working environment;
- Being part of a dedicated team whose common goal it is to protect the environment;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to addressing our environmental challenges.
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by no later than 14 November 2021 to: [email protected], with the subject line “Campaigner: your name”. The first round of interviews will take place shortly after the application deadline. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ECOS is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. At ECOS, we believe diversity is what makes our work richer and our team stronger. Your race, nationality, colour, gender, age, religion, disability, status, or sexual orientation are NOT important to us, we value your knowledge and commitment. If you believe you can contribute to our common goal, we encourage you to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org