The J.P. Morgan Development Finance Institution ("JPM DFI") was launched in January 2020 to grow the firm's development finance activities and mobilize private capital in emerging markets. The JPM DFI utilizes its anticipated development impact methodology to (i) assess the development impact of loans, securities and derivatives originated and structured by the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB); and (ii) distribute such transactions to investors seeking assets with measurable development impact. The JPM DFI team seeks to position J.P. Morgan as the pre-eminent commercial institution involved in development finance.
The Analyst will support the JPM DFI team with its business operations, transaction execution, key performance indicators, pipeline management and strategy.
- Utilize the JPM DFI methodology to assess relevant J.P. Morgan banking and markets transactions on their anticipated development impact
- Generate documentation and presentation materials to communicate the anticipated development impact of transactions
- Maintain internal reports including quarterly business reviews, governing board documents and other analytical reports
- Support the team in creating, writing and editing the DFI Annual Report
- Partner closely with other businesses throughout the firm to understand other ESG initiatives and potential areas of collaboration
- Stay abreast of the latest research and trends in international development, understand best practices for leading development finance institutions and engage in relevant dialogue with internal and external audiences
- Assist with the organization of events, trainings and seminars as needed
- Support the DFI team in business operations including, but not limited to, tracking potential transactions and client interactions, assisting in the buildout of development finance as an asset class and engaging in discussions with sales, coverage, product teams and internal functions at J.P. Morgan, as required.
- Bachelor's degree or higher. Academic credentials focused on international relations, international economics and/or any other public policy related subjects or related areas are desirable
- A team player passionate about development finance with a high level of motivation to learn about and work in emerging markets
- Strong quantitative, analytical and computer skills including PowerPoint and Excel based modelling
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and evolving environment with ability to prioritize and multitask well under pressure
- Excellent (English) written and oral communication skills. Fluency in additional languages would be desirable.
- Attention to detail, especially in ensuring precision in all final outputs
- Self-motivated, tenacious and able to work with a degree of independence
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org