To provide effective programme, monitoring, operational and administrative support to assigned youth skills development project(s) in South Africa, particularly those projects operated in close partnership with government and industry.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate delivery of IYF technical assistance to project partners, including public TVET colleges and corporate clients;
- Support delivery of project outcomes and deliverables, in accordance with approved work plans, grant agreements, and donor rules/regulations;
- Maintain project calendar and ensure that deadlines are met according to work plans;
- Manage processes related to delivery of staff training at IYF’s partner TVET colleges;
- Provide feedback to the Programme Manager on project strategies and activities;
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with project partners, including TVET college staff and national government stakeholders;
- Develop strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of projects by identifying barriers in completing project activities and developing solutions to minimize or eliminate such barriers;
- Follow an agile approach to managing projects and demonstrate the ability to derive creative solutions and rapidly pivot implementation plans based on prevailing circumstances.
Project Monitoring and Reporting
- Lead the implementation of performance measurement plan, and continuously strengthen project monitoring procedures;
- Ensure all data is collected and entered into IYF’s online project monitoring system (either directly, or through assigned consultants). This includes following required processes to access data from IYF project partners, including public education providers;
- Synthesize project monitoring data in order to prepare performance reports and updates, including the programmatic sections for donor reports;
- Participate in and actively contribute toward annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist the Programme Manager in preparing relevant reports and work plans.
- Provide logistical and administrative support, as required to assigned projects;
- Assist in identification, selection and management of technical consultants and other project-related procurement;
- Monitor partners and consultants in their compliance with the terms and conditions of their agreements;
- Support meeting and workshop/event planning and related logistics;
- Document, catalogue and maintain project records;
- Submit routine invoices to IYF accounting for timely disbursement and payments;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An equivalent NQF Level 6 or higher Learning and Development related qualification;
- Strong, project management skills with a demonstratable understanding of leading project management principles and methodologies;
- At least 5 years working experience with at least 3 years combined experience working in Learning and Development Facilitation as well as Administration with a practical understanding of the learning cycle and student-centred learning pedagogy is essential;
- Learning and Development Content/Curriculum Development would be advantageous;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated experience engaging external stakeholders and writing donor and/or stakeholder reports;
- Strong digital literacy, with the ability to rapidly learn and champion the use of new software and online programmes in the IYF South Africa office;
- Strong Microsoft Office skills a must, including a working knowledge of Microsoft OneNote;
- Teams and SharePoint. Experience with online management information and enterprise resource planning systems would be an advantage. Experience working with online survey programmes would be an added bonus;
- Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Strong demonstratable experience and ability to implement work tasks and projects independently, and potentially remotely, is essential. Experience in working collaboratively within a virtual team would be an advantage, with working in a multinational team an added bonus;
- The successful applicant will exercise good judgement, be proactive and detail oriented without losing sight of the larger project, programme, country office and global perspectives and demonstrate a high degree of emotional maturity and intelligence;
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills;
- Ability to travel nationally, and potentially regionally/internationally;
- Demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility, with demonstrated self-management and self- motivation;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all project partners, donors, and colleagues.
- Driver’s license and personal vehicle;
- Candidate must be able to converse in at least two of the official languages in South Africa;
- South African permanent resident;
- Commitment to IYF’s overall mission.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org