bp is looking for an enthusiastic trainee to join its dynamic EU external affairs team for a 6 month (with possible extension) paid internship. The position will provide the opportunity to gain a broad range of professional experience in a friendly, international work environment. It will also help you to develop an understanding of a wide range of topics relating to the energy sector and learn essential skills whilst engaging with industrial stakeholders, NGOs and the EU institutions.
bp is a global energy company in transition. Our purpose is reimagining energy for people and our planet. We are currently implementing our strategy to become a net zero company in 2050 or sooner and are working with our partners our partners and policy makers to deliver effective and ambitious climate policies which enable the world to do the same. With operations in Europe, North and South America, Australasia, Asia and Africa, we deliver energy solutions across the world. Our Brussels office works on the EU legislation related to our local and global businesses and cooperates with our colleagues around the world to facilitate this. From the people who chart our course to those who put our plans into action, bp – and all its constituent parts – is an exciting place to be for anyone who wants to be part of the global energy business.
- Start date: January 2022;
- One year internship in the form of a “Convention d’immersion professionnelle“;
- Monthly salary of 1200€ plus reimbursement of work related public transport costs;
- A friendly, international and dynamic, multicultural work environment;
- Opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and develop transferable skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide analytical, digital and administrative support to bp staff in their advocacy role by:
- analysing official reports and documents from the EU institutions on the Fit for 55 package, the transport sector, sustainable finance, gas regulation and other issues relevant to our company;
- participating in internal working group meetings and discussions;
- preparing presentation material and briefing notes;
- following debates in the EU institutions;
- researching ad hoc projects;
- data/information collection.
- Support and manage the organisation of external events and meetings;
- Support the continued development of relationship/stakeholder mapping and internal databases;
- Attend and provide briefings on conferences, events and seminars organised by EU institutions and other stakeholders.
Requirements and qualifications
- Education & Experience:
- You are a graduate in Economics/Politics or similar;
- You have a previous experience in the EU institutions or in an organisation working closely with EU institutions;
- You can demonstrate a strong interest in EU institutions/policy making.
- • Required Skills & Competencies
- Computer literacy is essential;
- A good command of the English language (oral and written) is essential. Other European languages are an asset;
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills in data collection and interpretation;
- A well-organized, self-starter with the ability to be autonomous in your work;
- Flexibility to adapt to new challenges and situations;
- A strong and valued teammate with a sense of humor, humility and ability to demonstrate bp’s core values: safety, respect, excellence, courage, one team.
- Must be a Belgian resident and legally able to work in the EU without a visa or sponsorship.
To apply, please send your CV (max. 2 pages) and cover letter (max. 1 page) with “EU External Affairs Internship” in the subject of your e-mail.
By applying for this vacancy, you agree that we use your personal data for recruitment purposes only.
All your private information will be deleted from our files after the recruitment process.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org