Reporting to the Director of Grants Management & Compliance, the Grants Compliance Manager will develop and implement tools to support and monitor PIH’s compliance with donor guidelines, applicable local regulations, and generally accepted grants management standards. The Grants Compliance Manager will also coordinate and manage donor-led, grant-specific audits. In each of the foregoing areas, the Grants Compliance Manager will play a pivotal role in ensuring that key staff at PIH sites have the tools, support, training and capacity to implement policies and procedures necessary for donor compliance, and clearly and accurately demonstrate that compliance in audits and donor assessments.
- Ensure that each PIH site has (a) adequate policies and procedures in place, and (b) staff with the capacity and support to implement those policies and procedures, to facilitate compliance with common donor guidelines.
- Coordinate with proposal leads and site grants management staff to respond to donor pre-award compliance inquiries and to ensure that compliance-related costs are included in proposal budgets.
- Complete grants compliance checklists for all awarded grants, circulate the checklists to relevant staff, and ensure (including by attending grant launches) that staff managing the grant-funded project understand and have the resources to comply with the donor terms applicable to their grant-related activities.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with donor requirements by working primarily with grants managers, project managers, and finance managers to confirm and, where needed, build capacity for adherence to key policies and procedures.
- Respond to ad hoc questions regarding interpretation or application of donor guidelines.
- Coordinate and manage grant-specific audits; monitor and support on implementation and communication of post-audit corrective actions.
- Support Contracts & Compliance staff as needed with the assessment and monitoring of PIH sub-award recipients to ensure that each sub-recipient has (a) adequate policies and procedures in place, and (b) staff with the capacity and support to implement those policies and procedures, to comply with the terms of their subaward.
- Develop and implement tools to increase the visibility of and access to grant compliance information across OnePIH; prepare materials for and conduct trainings on compliance matters of importance throughout OnePIH.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five years of grant management and compliance experience, with at least three years in management of multi-site international awards.
- At least one year of experience of managing and demonstrating successful results in U.S. government and other donor-initiated grant audits.
- Experience in both coordinating office and field-based roles in the non-profit context, and proficiency in global health work are strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and accounting & grants management software applications.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse and multi-country teams.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in high-pressure, fast-paced, and social justice-oriented environments.
- Spanish language skills are preferred
Partners In Health (PIH) is a non-profit, global health organization that fights social injustice by bringing the benefits of modern medical science first and foremost to the most vulnerable communities around the world. PIH focuses on those who would not otherwise have access to quality health care. PIH partners with the world’s leading academic institutions to create rigorous evidence that shapes more sound and all-inclusive global health policies. PIH also supports local governments’ efforts to build capacity and strengthen national health systems.
As of today, PIH runs programs in 11 countries (Haiti, Peru, Rwanda, Mexico, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Malawi, Lesotho, Russia, Kazakhstan, Navajo Nation), where it provides direct care to millions of patients, through public facilities and community engagement.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org