Energy Futures Initiative is a clean energy think tank dedicated to harnessing the power of innovation - both in technology and policy - to create clean energy jobs, grow economies, enhance national and global energy security and address the imperatives of climate change. To fulfill this mission EFI conducts research and analysis and preserves independent control of the methodology, content and conclusions of all projects and publications.
EFI was founded by Ernest J. Moniz, who served as the thirteenth United States Secretary of Energy (2013-2017) during the Obama Administration.
About EJM Associates
EJM Associates LLP is a Washington-based business consultancy under the direct management of Secretary Moniz.
The Energy Futures Initiative and EJM Associates participate in a shared services agreement and, pursuant to the agreement, employees of the Energy Futures Initiative perform professional services for EJM Associates consistent with their job description.
The Project Manager and Contributing Senior Analyst position will provide critical contributions and management support for EFI and EJM projects, including but not limited to authoring high-profile reports and thought leadership, presenting our work to key stakeholders, leading successful projects across their full lifecycle, managing the contributions of other analysts, conducting and overseeing quantitative analysis, and supporting the work of our communications staff. Research topics span a variety of clean energy technology, policy, and finance domains. Daily tasks can vary and are often project-specific. The position will report to the Director of Research.
The Employee, as a Project Manager and Contributing Senior Analyst, shall be responsible for:
· Conducting the full scope of project development, execution, and completion for a subset of EFI and EJM Associates analytical projects. The position will work closely with EFI/EJM leadership for the entire project lifecycle, starting with the proposal-writing phase, ensuring all aspects of each project are completed to the highest quality, on time, and within budget.
· Supporting the Director of Research and senior leadership team with ad hoc qualitative and quantitative data analysis, writing, presentations, website content, and general research needs.
· Writing reports, developing presentations, and managing junior analyst contributions to associated analytical products.
· Working with events/communications and scheduling staff to plan, organize, and host webinars, workshops, client project meetings, and other events.
· Developing data visualization products including graphs, charts, maps, infographics, and slide presentations.
· Pursuing independent research, conference participation, trainings, and/or coursework to stay current on key issues within their professional area of focus, in consultation with EFI/EJM leadership.
· Preparing Principals for business development efforts by developing issue briefs, policy summaries, and meeting notes.
· Evaluating emerging energy and climate trends across the globe, and persuasively writing about relevant business insights.
· Attending offsite meetings and reporting relevant insights to staff.
· This position may include direct management of junior analysts, depending on the background and qualifications of the applicant.
The approximate amount of time spent on various tasks is as follows:
· Project management: 45%
· Research and writing: 45%
· Administrative: 10%
This position is based at EFI headquarters in Washington, DC. As of the date of this posting, EFI is operating on a work-at-home basis. EFI employees will return to a flexible, partial work-at-office schedule consistent with federal and local government public health guidelines.
· Project management
· Public report writing and professional presentation development
· Client engagement
· Qualitative and quantitative data analysis
· Knowledge of and competence with spreadsheet modeling
· Ability to recognize and differentiate data quality
· Data visualization using tools such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Tableau
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Advanced knowledge of energy systems and policy, climate change, clean energy finance, ESG, climate financial risks, and related topics
· Master’s degree in environmental science, climate science, public policy, engineering, economics, finance, or related field
· 5-7 years of relevant work experience
· Cover letter (optional)
· Writing Sample (5-10 pages)
STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY
EFI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation for this job application due to a disability, you may contact us by applying below