The Nation is hiring a temporary engagement editor for 12 weeks. Ideal candidates can distill data analytics into actionable insights and ensure our work finds a large and loyal audience. They should have the instincts of a journalist, a deep understanding of the social media ecosystem, and the ability to write clean, compelling copy tailored to each social media feed.
We’re looking for an engagement editor who closely follows emerging and evolving social networks.
• Update and curate The Nation homepage
• Produce and send e-mail newsletters
• Manage The Nation’s Facebook page, Twitter account, and Instagram
• Monitor Chartbeat and other analytic tools to help the newsroom understand and expand our audience and to make decisions about how and where to promote our work
• Compile and present weekly analytics reports
• Write and send browser notifications
• Maximize search engine optimization, especially by informing and helping our editorial team know how to optimize search terms with the latest SEO techniques
• Strategize about to how distribute our work on outside news platforms like SmartNews, Flipboard, and Apple News
• Strong news judgment, high journalistic standards, and an understanding of the role and importance of The Nation’s journalism in the media landscape
• Knowledge of social media trends and best practices
• Ability to analyze performance metrics; experience with Chartbeat and Google Analytics is a plus
• The ability to write clean, compelling copy quickly
Base salary: $1,353.59/week
The temporary engagement editor will have the option to work remotely, but The Nation‘s New York office is open to vaccinated individuals. The Nation Co. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, and strongly encourage candidates who identify as people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+, and/or gender nonconforming to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter and résumé.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org