Our Intelligence Team at Chainalysis are truth seekers who take complicated data and speak to the customer in an informed way that meets their needs and addresses their gaps to better understand the growing cryptocurrency world. Our focus is bringing truth and veracity to our data and providing credible and reliable data sets to be used in complex decision making.
As a Research Analyst, you will measure your success by your impact on our customers’ mission. Your written products derived from cryptocurrency analysis will be read across the globe - providing insight into some of the world’s biggest threats.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you…
- Have a comprehensive understanding of how cyber threat actors use cryptocurrency, and can articulate that understanding in written products, software demonstrations, and webinars
- Become a sought-after and trusted advisor to investigators, analysts, and leadership who seek insight into cyber threat actor’s use of cryptocurrency
- Provide finished intelligence analysis to internal and external customers through written reporting, in varying predetermined suspense and depth, with minimal supervision
- Reviewed the adequacy and completeness of investigations and the data collection methods to determine the authenticity, veracity, and pertinence of that data resulting in more thorough investigations
- Received the Chainalysis Reactor Certification and the Chainalysis Investigations Specialist Course certification and can expertly navigate open-source blockchain analytic tools
A background like this helps:
- Professional experience authoring finished intelligence reports and products is required
- Prior experience researching ransomware, cybersecurity, threat intelligence, or the darkweb is required
- Security clearance preferred, but not required
- Insatiable curiosity about cryptocurrencies and the growing market
- This position is full-time remote and requires minimal travel
- Chainalysis Reactor Certification (CRC), CISC a plus
- Additional languages is a plus, but not required
- Prior experience in technical writing and/or intelligence reporting
- Undergraduate degree or military training and experience in cyber intelligence, computer science, general intelligence studies, security studies, political science, international relations, etc.
- Other technical security certifications or academic background are a plus.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org