Duties and Responsibilities:
Design and develop programme strategies in the area of Women Peace and Protection Joint Programme:
- Design and formulate programme/project proposals and initiatives;
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to Women, Peace and Security and Leadership;
- Technical support to the government partners, CSOs and women on enhancing the women’s political participation and leadership.
Manage the implementation and management of the Women Peace and Protection Joint Programme:
- Contribute and finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation;
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme/project; ensure synergies with other teams;
- Manage the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Provide guidance to staff and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators;
- Organize Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
Manage technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners:
- Manage the implementation of technical advice and guidance. Develop and implement technical tools, and initiatives;
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Women, Peace and Security and Leadership program; respond to any potential problems;
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners.
Manage the finances, monitoring and reporting of the Women, Peace and Protection Joint Programme/project:
- Manage the programme budget and draft financial reports;
- Manage the monitoring of programme/project implementation and finances using results-based management tools;
- Oversee field missions and review reports on monitoring missions;
- Write and contribute to quarterly reports, Annual reports and donor reports, focusing on results, output and outcomes.
Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies:
- Develop and implement partnerships and resource mobilization strategies;
- Finalize relevant documentation on donors and potential opportunities for resource mobilization;
- Analyze and research information on donors, prepare substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for cost sharing.
Contribute to the Project Steering Committee on Women, Peace and Protection Joint Programme to achieve coherence and alignment of UN Women programmes with other partners in Somalia:
- Provide technical support to the Country Program Manager on inter-agency coordination related activities by attending meetings, events, and participating in groups and committees as needed;
- Provide technical, coordination and secretariat support to the Women, Peace and Security Working Group;
- Coordinate with other UN agencies, government departments, donors and NGOs to ensure the projects’ capacity development programme is harmonized and aligned with other in-country efforts.
Manage advocacy, knowledge building and communication efforts on Women, Peace and Protection Joint Programme:
- Develop and review background documents, briefs and presentations related to the Women, Peace and Protection Joint Programme;
- Participate in meetings and policy dialogues on issues related to Women, Peace and Protection Joint Programme;
- Develop advocacy strategies and oversee their implementation;
- Identify best practices and lessons learned to guide programme improvement and strategy planning;
- Develop knowledge management strategies, products and methodologies on Women, Peace and Protection Joint Programme.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality programme design and inputs to Strategic Note;
- Timely and quality support on monitoring and reporting to the programme team and partners in line with all UN Women operational rules and regulations, including security;
- Relations with partners and stakeholders;
- Quality and timely systems for tracking/monitoring;
- Timely submission of accurate and quality reports;
- Quality communications strategy and timely implementation which leads to greater exposure and understanding of UN Women’s work;
- Quality and relevant advocacy materials and content on the website and social media channels.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Good knowledge of programme formulation, implementation, and Results Based Management;
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting;
- Strong knowledge of Women Peace and Protection;
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports;
- Analytical and report writing skills;
- Ability to communicate sensitively, effectively and creatively across different constituencies;
- Ability to identify and analyze trends, opportunities and threats to fundraising and develop strategies;
- Strong knowledge of managing web-based knowledge management systems;
- Strong oral and written communication and editing skills;
- Strong communication, networking and advocacy skills;
- Knowledge of gender and human rights issues is desirable.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Political or Social Science, Economics, International Development Studies, Gender/Women's Studies is required;
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- A project/programme management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
- Technical experience in Women Peace and Security;
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies, UN and/or donors is an asset;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of Somali is an asset;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org