NewsNation is seeking a correspondent to cover national security for the network.
The correspondent will be expected to along with a producer cover national security, military affairs, terrorism, international affairs, and their intersection. This includes coverage of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, Defense Department, State Department, and the congressional committees responsible for oversight of the nation’s security and defenses.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to write a compelling news script under deadline pressure, to report live, maintain an on-air persona that is friendly and authoritative, have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms.
The position would be based in Washington, DC
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Stay atop of developments within the defense, national intelligence and foreign policy communities
- Cultivate sources in the intelligence and foreign policy communities
- Crisply, clearly and concisely report on complex and nuanced geopolitical issues
- Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education)
- (5) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
- Strong reporting skills
- Understand importance of social media
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all network personnel
- Operate newsroom computer systems
- Must include a link to online reel when applying.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org